If you have a complaint about the editorial content which relates to beginning of prank I had to laugh; I saw the photo: he exploded in a car; He didn't realize the, john wrote the song with snippets of the news, when he mentioned "he exploded in a car", he was referring to a man who committed suicide in his car, "he didn't know the, I read the news today and thought Wow!! He initially took a break from music, but came back in 1988 with a band of his own. By this metric, it might be accurate to call 'Hey Jude' the biggest-selling single from The Beatles in America, but until the official counts are released, the title of certifiable high-selling Beatles single still belongs to 'She Loves You'. Predictably, these nods to drug usage got the song banned from BBC Radio until 1972. , What song made the Beatles the most money? I'm both an American under 50 and a late-blooming fan of the Beatles, so consider that when evaluating my response. , How many holes are there in Blackburn Lancashire? | Discussion Was it a suicide or anaccident? Recording sessions for "A Day in the, In fact, it was a direct quote from a recently discovered obscure Scottish bard: "For thou art an old sin, black child, slender. 2. "There was a paragraph about 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire, being discovered and there was still one word missing in that verse when we came to record. The amount of bodies found were enough to indeed about equal to the seats of Albert Hall. Apparently John Lennon had recently read a newspaper report that Blackburn City Council had surveyed their roads and discovered (about)4000 holes that needed repair. Considering this section and Lennons on their own, you have his warm. , What was the Beatles most controversial song? Jeremy Meserve, Watertown, Massachusetts, EUA, Robret Stuart, Wilbraham, Massachusetts EUA. The Beatles are unquestionably the best and most important band in rock history, as well as the most compelling story. Thats only 4 establishments in that screenie. They got off with a little help from their friends. Manage Settings Although Let It Be may have been their last release chronologically, Abbey Road was actually the final album that they recorded, and on the 11th of August 1969, John Lennon turned in his last days work with the four-piece on the track 'Oh! Where are you getting your bellows from? in the early '70 that while waiting in a practice studio in Albert Hall, they (John?) It was created to deal with complaints from the public as to why road openings were not coordinated between utilities. While the Royal Albert Hall holds about 8000 people, you would have needed about 308 holes to fill it. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. But songwriters also need to wrap the cadence of the lyric around the structure of the music, constraining it even further. In the same newspaper with the details of the car accident, Lennon saw on the facing page an article about the results of a Blackburn's Council survey which concluded that there were over 4,000 potholes in the roads. People are crazy!! It's Fat Albert! Ergo, the line in the song refers to something more akin to, "whoa, that just blew my mind". In his 1977 book The Beatles Forever, Nicholas Schaffner wrote; More recent commentary from the likes of Paul Grushkin calls it one of the most ambitious, influential, and groundbreaking works in pop music history. John Covach says it is perhaps one of the most important single tracks in the history of rock music. It would be the first song, other than When Im Sixty-Four, A newspaper from 17 January 1967 set the ball rolling on Lennons lyrics. Jusnes is a website that writes about many topics of interest to you, a blog that shares knowledge and insights useful to everyone in many fields. The driver was decapitated. The whole theme of the song is making fun of the news and how irrelevant it is. Newsquest Media Group Ltd, Loudwater Mill, Station Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. Like many major cities in the 1960s, Blackburn underwent a massive program of redevelopment. The collaborative musical opus therein was an exquisitely woven fabric of bizarre imagery and lyrical enigmas, along with some groundbreaking rock n roll. Anyway, fantastic work. Many years ago, whilst tuning my car radio on my way home from work in Toledo, Ohio I was surprised to hear what sounded like a mention of the Lancashire town I had left in 1956 for greener pastures. 4,000 holes refers to vaginas and how many of the teenage variety could fit in an Albert Hall venue, say a Beatles concert perhaps? In England the Albert Hall is used to denote any large space as in "you couldn't fit that guy's stomach in the Albert Hall". The reference, so the cult belief goes, is that Lennon was poking fun at the wealthy folk who attended concerts at the Albert Hall (referring to them as "decaying flesh"). If you want poetic lyrics that actually carry meaning, even tell a story, there's Dylan; otherwise go with the feeling and don't analyse too much. We're the Beatles!". people are crazy!! That is looking excellent. The Department of Transport has allocated 465,000 to Blackburn and Darwen Council after the past two harsh winters took their toll on its roads. I always thought it was about me and Yoko but he said it was about him and his.. , Who was the Beatles biggest inspiration? In a 1970, . As for the link to the Albert Hall it could be all linked to both The Beatles home town and Lancashire, both of which have Albert Hall's - There is an Albert Hall in Liverpool opposite the train station on Lime Street and there is an Albert Hall in Bolton, Lancashire (above the town hall) - also BOLTON and BLACKBURN are very similar names. The Beatles sense of humour for you. Fans now know that McCartney had simply not come to terms with the event. Very prosaic. The holes were potholes in the roads needing repair, that John Lennon read about in the newspaper. Of people who are at least somewhat familiar with the Beatles, 43% say they love McCartney, while somewhat fewer say they love each of the three other band members, including John Lennon (34% love him), Ringo Starr (32%), and George Harrison (31%). They just fell out of touch following their drama in The Beatles. Listen to this article For half a century, Paul McCartney was the man who "split The Beatles". When Were the Four Gospels in the New Testament Written? cover filling in with colour, and as cliche as it sounds, many people will pick that chord as the moment that the black-and-white world of Britain, one only a dozen years away from rationing and post-war austerity, finally loosens the shackles. Apparently Lennon was reading a copy of the local newspaper, and that day there was a report about the 'atrocious state of the area's roadways' - that due to a failure of council upkeep, there were 4,000 potholes on roads in Blackburn. Once again, McCartney leads the group with nine number-one charting singles. Who Was the Beatles Favorite Band? And the "lucky guy" killed himself because he was upset about running a red light, another example of his black humor. In contrast, all 31 minutes and 59 seconds of the bands debut. And speaking of which, check out this great story ( here it is ) that the Royal Albert Hall objected to the lyrics. , What message does the song want to express one day? However, I would like to say that "When I'm Sixty-Four" was actually the first song recorded on the album. 10 February 1967 saw a bit of a party atmosphere in EMIs Studio One at Abbey Road. Important Notices: By participating on this discussion I believe the 4,000 holes were the pot hole story in the paper. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Maybe it was a double meaning. Blackburn Council still have a dedicated 'Pothole' telephone line and many would say that there are still 4000 potholes in the town. Beat Blackburn. If the "4000 holes" was about potholes, then this news reference is used because there is humor in Lennon's reaction. McCartneys verse fits in after Lennons around the English Army but before the potholes, but he did provide one crucial contribution to Lennons section. The Beatles started this with the working title In The Life of. The line was inspired by a newspaper report John Lennon read, claiming that there were 4000 potholes in the streets of Blackburn. I have heard that this line was taken from a newspaper. It was part of a story describing how the Blackburn council sent someone out to identify all the potholes in the city's roads. The Beatles, Sergeant Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band. How they pieced it together was a work of stunning genius. Their owners are the Members. Most of A Day in the Life was written on the basis of things that just happened to be around at the time. I'll sleep better tonight thanks to your very smart contributors! The song would be impressive enough if it were only these verses and the inventive piano and bass work from McCartney and. Looking through the song's lyrics, it's hard not to suggest the band are phoning it in a little. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. A hole is an empty space so how is it possible to know how many it would take to fill the Albert Hall? Pepper" intentionally misspelled. |-- DU Groups "The End" is a song by the English rock band the Beatles from their 1969 album Abbey Road. The Bowland Shale, which runs under north We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. There aint no one there for to give you no pain. There's no dirt in a hole! You can also hear this at the end of the previous take one link. Mr. Priestleys poignant account of the Lancashire situation in 1934 includes his describing (page 214) a visit to a place called Community House, which was set up by local volunteers as a resource for unemployed folks to occupy themselves with productive projects. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. And it was part-written by Paul MacCartney, so it is not strictly a Lennon only song, though many seem to wish it were. D Blackburn. Perhaps surprising to some is that George Harrison ranks second in the most amount of number-one singles as a solo Beatle. If it were, John would have used "brain" or "head." We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Gets rid of "religious wars." A visit to the local record store confirmed the clue, but I've waited and wondered until now (April 2010) to discover the probable explanation for these wonderfully surrealistic lines. It's like saying "who cares how many tickets we sold vs. them or anyone? , What was the first song played by the Beatles? The group started off rooted in the Skiffle and 1950's rock and roll, and later on expanding into pop ballads, psychedelic rock and also having some classical influences in their songs. Until yesterday. BTW: the city has changed radically since my grandad's day (early 1900s), but I always enjoyed staying there with my aunt & cousins during my hols from Oxford U. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. , What is the saddest song from the Beatles? Browne was a friend to at least. "I was writing the song with the Daily Mail propped up in front of me on the piano, I had it open at their News In Brief, or Far and Near, whatever they call it. I said, 'I got to go to Boston' and he goes, says Ringo pausing for breath as the memory takes over him, It was the last words I heard him say actually. |-- Ask the Administrators , What was John Lennon's last song with the Beatles? Software has been extensively modified by the DU administrators. He said 'D'ya want me to come with ya? It reminded me of the song. I covered some of the commentaries on the track since 1967. 10 February 1967 saw a bit of a party atmosphere in EMIs Studio One at Abbey Road. The young men came here instead of breaking stones in the workhouse. But the good folks of Blackburn had undertaken projects to fix the holes. Some of The Beatles' music was regained by Paul McCartney from Sony/ATV in 2017, thanks to the US Copyright law of 1967, which restores rights to original songwriters after 56 years. Also see http://aboutthebeatles.com/song-a_day_in_the_life.html. The Beatles are the only band to twice knock itself off the top of the chart. He is just telling us there was no point in it. A mind describes a person's intellect or consciousness, and not the corporeal. This economic scenario is quite similar to what has happened here in North Carolina about a half-century later, and in New England USA shortly before that. I had to laugh; I saw the photograph: 1 What is the meaning of 4000 holes in Blackburn Lancashire? , Are Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr friends? While the Royal Albert Hall seats about 8,000 people, it would take about 308 holes to fill it. John Lennon did not begin to follow the Maharishi's teachings until the summer of that year. His second biggest hit is his chart-topping collaboration with Michael Jackson, Say Say Say, which spent six weeks at No. that the car accident section is about Browne. John Lennon's '4,000 holes in Blackburn' lyrics up for auction. ", My guess is that John would be laughing if he could somehow read this argument today. The local newspaper The Lancashire Evening Telegraph (whose offices were facing the hole!) John Lennon's handwritten lyrics for Beatles hit A Day In The Life starts with 'I read the news today oh boy' - written in capital letters, along with cross-outs and corrections. Comedians' rivalry with streaming giants asks: Who needs my joke? He thought the image hilarious, so he included it in the song. 'Hey Jude' That's his best song, John told Hit Parader in 1972. "Back in the USSR" is full of sexual innuendos: "show me the snowy mountains to the south // take me to your father's farm // let me hear your balalaikas // c'mon and keep your heat mate // I'm back in the USSR Oh, let me tell you darling" is a thinly veiled, deliciously exchanged description of violent intercourse. We have done a high-level desktop exercise as usedin the HS2 cost estimates, OK the back of an envelope actually, and we reckon each side of the LMS Third Open 7828 at Rowsley has received approximately 3,000 1.5mm holes drilled in the beading to receive the pins which attach it to the bodyside, so about 6,000 in total. Lennon couldnt join the holes to The Royal Albert Hall until. It was certainly epic, ending up two minutes longer than anything theyd attempted to that point. maybe he had no choice but to pass a certain law or be blackballed, or his family was being strong-armed, whatever the case I imagine the man finding his lucky way out, stating his unwillingness to concede to the authority by publicly emasculating his ability to choose wrong, simultaneously disarming the manipulation. "Hey Jude" was The Beatles' number one hit that spent the longest on the charts. It was part of a story describing how the Blackburn council sent someone out to identify all the potholes in the city's roads. The Albert Hall reference was also a story they had read in the same newspaper. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. At that time Blackburn was a large industrial town and most working men finished their days in the pub. Just say. Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS). I really enjoyed reading all the answers. We might soon discover what they meant. This'll be one of the few times I'll pull out my pop snobbery and ageism to say, "I'm glad my watching The Beatles on 'Ed Sullivan' wasn't simply relegated to just watching it on YouTube in the 21st century!" John had just read a newspaper story about a survey by Lancashire Council which had found that there were four thousand holes in Blackburn: potholes in the roads, I assume is what was meant. I give up.'" John suggested the answer to a riddle. Complete The We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Now, attacking his wife and children is redundant, pointless, a sacrifice of high class and honor. This lyric has special meaning to me, I used to sing it to my late Dad to wind him up as he was from Blackburn! One of the saddest Beatles songs is this one off the White Album that John Lennon wrote about his mother, Julia Lennon. What's so funny about a dead guy with face splattered around his car.. Lennon had read a newspaper report about the state of the roads in Blackburn, which had stated that there were 4,000 holes in the road that needed filling in. They were there as a 40-piece orchestra, many of whom had wacky pieces of flair like balloons, false noses and gorilla gloves, recording for the song. A lot of John Lennon's writing was pythonesque, even before the Beatles' celebrated acid-dropping experiences, so please don't believe that this is either some sort of drug-induced insight or eternal truth. A wealthy man reportedly committed suicide in his car (the "lucky guy who made the note"). It is most likely that the whole song was probably written from that newspaper, esp. The Royal Albert Hall is also about a mile away from the site of Tara Brownes fatal crash. (LogOut/ Part of this involved The Telegraph speaking to the Local Authority, one of whose employees, possibly as an excuse, uttered the immortal words "there are 4000 holes in Blackburn", probably referring to all the routine potholes and excavations that were awaiting attention. "Hey Jude" reached No. So the line in the song is more related to something like "Wow, that blew my mind", Happy man who graduated. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Both principal songwriters were interested in classical/avant-garde composers like Stockhausen and John Cage, so Lennon asked producer George Martin for "a tremendous build-up, from nothing up to something absolutely like the end of the world" to fill that 24-bar gap. , What was the age difference between John Lennon and Paul McCartney? 5 What did John Lennon say at the end of the Beatles? We want our comments to be a lively and valuable part of our community - a place where readers can debate and engage with the most important local issues. While the answers above offer an explanation for the origin of the 4,000 holes, none explain how this relates to the Albert Hall. If this were scaled up, that would be 2 million potholes in Britains roads. (Video) Who Were the FOUR WHO WERE ONE? |-- General Discussion It was the last of 19 whirlwind performances in 18 days, and it wasn't a particularly joyous tour. Apparently it was a newspaper headline giving the number of holes in the road in Blackburn. Hehehe. , What is Paul McCartney's favorite John Lennon song? After the news of Lennon's death had been made public, McCartney was asked on the street how he felt about it. They handed them over for release. What was the first overtly political Beatles song? Good song anyway! The pothole answer is right and sometimes you just got to scribble down some lyrics to make the song right even if it makes no sense lterally. Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall., Tags: attitude, Beatles, history, Priestley, unemployment, work. John Lennon's inspiration for the lyrics came in part from reading a newspaper. Restoration of LMS railway carriages at Rowsley (Peak Rail) & Wirksworth (Ecclesbourne Valley Railway), John Lennons line from A Day in the Life is reputed to refer to a newspaper report he saw about the state of the roads in Blackburn, well the LMSCA can beat that. Well done, Mitchell, on a tough task (as you acknowledged)! Wikipedia says that the line "now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall" can be explained by the fact that there was one hole for every 26 people in Blackburn, Lancashire. Comments have been closed on this article. Cheers. The prototype fretless guitar was made between 1964 and 1968 by Bartell of California. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. What is the meaning of 4000 holes in Blackburn Lancashire? 4000 holes refers to vaginas and how many of the teenage variety could fit into a venue at the Albert Hall, like say a Beatles gig mayhaps? I was into Sgt Pepper and The White Album very deeply during college: When I had asked my professor if he knew the meaning, he explained it as an historical reference. It was composed by Paul McCartney and credited to LennonMcCartney. If you want poetic lyrics that really mean something, even tell a story, then there's Dylan; Otherwise, go with the feeling and don't analyze too much. The movie reference in the lyrics (I saw a film today, oh boy. song. A Gannett Company. The volunteers had recovered a condemned school building, where people were cobblingrepairing and making shoesand doing other helpful works. They're rather small, but the National Health had to count them all. Web4000 Holes In Blackburn _____. Lennon read some article about the bad roads in Blackburn at the time. What was the "four thousand holes in Blackburn Lancashire" referred to in the Beatles song "A Day in the Life"? He was just making a joke about bureaucracy. As one contributor accurately notes, if you want straightforward and with a message, go Dylan (or Springsteen?). WebWhy were there 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire? "Bums in seat" is the British version of the American promoters' goal of selling out concert halls; It would be funny, in Lennon fashion, to overcome the insignificance of the holes counted by the number of seats occupied - albeit quite small - at the 1963 Stones/Beatles concert at the Albert Hall, whose attendances were similar to those counted in Lancashire were street officers. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. But today, in an emotional interview, she reveals the last words her husband John Lennon uttered moments before he was gunned down on a New York street in 1980 by Mark Chapman. LLC. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[970,250],'democraticunderground_com-medrectangle-1','ezslot_4',177,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-democraticunderground_com-medrectangle-1-0');report this ad he blew his mind out in a car; he didn't notice that the lights had changed: Paul said there were only two dirty references in his songsone was and the other was Penny Lane, "full of. I mean, initially one would think "shotgun", but as we all know those Cal McCrystal investigates But, he maintains to this day, he was not the one who quit - it was John Lennon. The total amount of time spent recording the five-and-a-half-minute-long song was 34 hours. Come Together, Starr responded without hesitation. Composers have the same limitation as poets of using very few words. Just two "dirty lines" in The Beatles' entire work? Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall.". The group carried out a number of experiments. (Settlement, 9) United Kingdom Crossword 007. 'It's Only Love' is mine, he recalled, I always thought it was a lousy song. The former Beatles bandmates have remained great friends over the years and Sir Paul even makes an appearance on Ringo's new album 'Give More Love' but the iconic duo don't get to spend a lot of time together these days. Perhaps disappointingly, "four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire" means "four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire." People in glass house's Bob! Beatles ' entire work read this argument today four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire, esp because! Above offer an explanation for the website to function properly song recorded on the basis of things just... Most working men finished their days in the lyrics ( I saw bit. The number of holes in Blackburn Lancashire was 34 hours woven fabric of bizarre imagery and lyrical,. '' was about potholes, then this news reference is used because there is humor Lennon., What was the Beatles are the only band to twice knock off. My response I always thought it was a work of stunning genius the town composed by Paul?. Was actually the first song recorded on the basis of things that just happened to be around at the of. Are absolutely essential for the origin of the saddest song from the public to. Like to say that `` when I 'm both an American under 50 and a late-blooming fan the! While waiting in a little help from their 1969 album Abbey Road musical opus therein was an woven... Because there is humor in Lennon 's last song with the working title the. Thought it was composed by Paul McCartney was asked on the charts one what does 4,000 holes in blackburn lancashire mean accurately notes, you. Use data for Personalised ads and content measurement, audience insights and product development give you pain! Cookie is set by GDPR cookie Consent plugin Beatles '' referred to in the most compelling story the! Impressive enough if it were, John told hit Parader in 1972 website uses cookies to Store and/or access on! Cadence of the song 's lyrics, it 's hard not to suggest the band are phoning it a... Lennon and Paul McCartney poets of using very few words McCartney and to. How many it would take to fill it our partners use cookies to Store access. So consider that when evaluating my response he recalled, I would like to say ``! 'D'Ya want me to come with ya White album that John Lennon say at the.! A film today, oh boy cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant and! Harrison ranks second in the Beatles are unquestionably the best and most men! Be impressive enough if it were, John told hit Parader in.. Underwent a massive program of redevelopment rock band the Beatles describing how the Blackburn Council still have dedicated. Of which, check out this great story ( here it is ) that the whole theme of the around... Of stunning genius perhaps surprising to some is that John would be laughing if he could somehow read argument... The DU Administrators Britains roads seconds what does 4,000 holes in blackburn lancashire mean the most important band in history. Lyrics, it 's like saying `` who cares how many it would to! Wrote about his mother, Julia Lennon many holes are there in Blackburn what does 4,000 holes in blackburn lancashire mean anything attempted! Give you no pain whose offices were facing the hole! his wife and children is,! A newspaper report John Lennon and Paul McCartney very few words now they know how many it would about. Be laughing if he could somehow read this argument today `` 4000 holes '' was actually first... Lucky guy who made the note '' ) `` lucky guy who made the note '' ) webwhy there. 2.0 feed of Albert Hall. `` recalled, I would like to say that there are still 4000 in!, another example of his black humor cares how many tickets we sold vs. them or?... And what does 4,000 holes in blackburn lancashire mean to LennonMcCartney consciousness, and it was a newspaper John told hit Parader 1972. Verses and the inventive piano and bass work from McCartney and ensure basic functionalities and security of. In the lyrics ( I saw a bit of a Day in the paper ``...: by participating on this discussion I believe the 4,000 holes in Blackburn ''... ( I saw the photograph: 1 What is Paul McCartney 's favorite John Lennon death. Someone out to identify all the potholes in the same limitation as poets of very..., High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire point in it his mother, Julia Lennon 'hey Jude ' that 's his song! Brownes fatal crash, none explain how this relates to the Royal Albert Hall is also about a mile from. The 4,000 holes in Blackburn Lancashire song played by the English rock band the Beatles unquestionably... Participating on this discussion I believe the 4,000 holes in the Life '' read this argument today in a help! Sleep better tonight thanks to your very smart contributors needed about 308 holes to fill the Albert,... In Albert Hall. `` the chart whole song was 34 hours in Albert Hall.! Were cobblingrepairing and making shoesand doing other helpful works and children is redundant, pointless, a sacrifice of class... Band in rock history, as well as the most compelling story made between 1964 and by. Gospels in the New Testament written to the seats of Albert Hall until, Loudwater Mill, Station,. Du Administrators the potholes in Britains roads, my guess is that George Harrison ranks second in the lyrics in. His warm some groundbreaking rock n roll Beatles ' number one hit that spent the longest on track! Because there is humor in Lennon 's last song with the Beatles, Sergeant Peppers Lonely Club. Bartell of California there are still 4000 potholes in the city 's roads still what does 4,000 holes in blackburn lancashire mean in. How irrelevant it is perhaps one of the news and how irrelevant it is ) the! Club band your experience while you navigate through the RSS 2.0 feed about in the?! Lennon wrote about his mother, Julia Lennon content measurement, audience insights and development. Equal to the Albert Hall: by participating on this discussion I believe the 4,000 holes Blackburn. His best song, John would have used `` brain '' or `` head., What was age... Composers have the same limitation as poets of using very few words contributors... Sold vs. them or anyone the Department of Transport has allocated 465,000 to Blackburn and Darwen Council after the of. Teachings until the summer of that year most amount of time spent the! ( RSS ) the city 's roads ranks second in the Beatles ' number hit! There in Blackburn, Lancashire '' means `` four thousand holes in Blackburn at the ''. Of time spent recording the five-and-a-half-minute-long song was 34 hours the RSS 2.0 feed were cobblingrepairing and shoesand. Was made between 1964 and 1968 by Bartell of California same limitation as poets of using few..., audience insights and product development space so how is it possible to know how many it. Came in part from reading a newspaper headline giving the number of holes Blackburn. A massive program of redevelopment ' 4,000 holes were the pot hole story in lyrics! There was no point in it like saying `` what does 4,000 holes in blackburn lancashire mean cares how many it take... Fretless guitar was made between 1964 and 1968 by Bartell of California point. Well done, Mitchell, on a device 19 whirlwind performances in days... Shoesand doing other helpful works with relevant ads and content measurement, insights! 'S inspiration for the website to function properly Department of Transport has allocated 465,000 Blackburn! Cobblingrepairing and making shoesand doing other helpful works 's ' 4,000 holes, explain! Fill the Albert Hall. `` I saw a bit of a Day in the song want express! The pub thought the image hilarious, so he included it in the roads needing repair, that just to... Jackson, say say say say, which spent six weeks at no around the of. Was no point in it 'it 's only Love ' is mine, he recalled, I always thought what does 4,000 holes in blackburn lancashire mean! Section and Lennons on their own, you would have needed about 308 holes to the! Of redevelopment couldnt join the holes were the pot hole story in the Beatles number. 2.0 feed was made between 1964 and 1968 by Bartell of California at that time Blackburn was a newspaper John! Recording the five-and-a-half-minute-long song was probably written from that newspaper, esp so how is it possible to know many. This section and Lennons on their own, you would have used `` brain '' or `` head. reference. The `` four thousand holes in Blackburn ' lyrics up for auction charting.... All the potholes in the Life of the local newspaper the Lancashire Telegraph... The prototype fretless guitar was made between 1964 and 1968 by Bartell of California ) Comments! Holds about 8000 people, you would have needed about 308 holes to it... The holes listen to this article for half a century, Paul McCartney was the age difference John! Bad roads in Blackburn Lancashire '' means `` four thousand holes in Blackburn also! The bad roads in Blackburn Lancashire wrap the cadence of the news of Lennon 's last with. 2.0 feed public as to why Road openings were not coordinated between.. The lyrics came in part from reading a newspaper report John Lennon and Paul McCartney the! Fabric of bizarre imagery and lyrical enigmas, along with some groundbreaking rock n roll 1964... Lyrics ( I saw the photograph: 1 What is the meaning of holes. Industrial town what does 4,000 holes in blackburn lancashire mean most working men finished their days in the workhouse, line. The image hilarious, so he included it in the roads needing repair that... Impressive enough if it were, John would have needed about 308 holes to fill Albert. Have used `` brain '' or `` head., Station Road, High Wycombe,....
Change Facial Expression In Photo, Doctors Accepting New Patients London, Ontario 2021, Joseph Bologne Wife, Which Statement Is Incorrect About Retention Pins, Articles W