Bandmates in the film were Gary Crosby (Andy), son of Bing Crosby, and Jimmy Hawkins (Doc), who played Tommy in Its a Wonderful Life. Jimmy would later become a regular on the Donna Reed Show as Shelley Fabares characters boyfriend. Even at that hour, about 300 teenagers were there to greet him. And we drove around Memphisa lot, we stopped by a hamburger place, and sent Lamar in for I dont know how many dozens of hamburgers, Lamar, lots of them, and they ate every one of them. Cayetano has a few remnants from her moviemaking days: a copy of the script and a big red teddy bear. Toured with sister Ginny Tiu in the "Ginny Tiu Revue", 1967. Her other sisters are Pat, Elizabeth Tiu and Vicky Tiu and her brother Alexander Tiu was also a performer. 'I'll spend it all just on seeing the film,' one extra said" (Duncan). Red West plays the bongos on a fishing boat. During an interview with Peyton Manning, actor Kurt Russell shares the details behind his movie scene with Elvis Presley. Russell reflected on the serendipity of the timing during his interview with Manning. He was a gentleman at all times. Her rendezvous with Elvis cost Sue her steady boyfriend, but she thought it was worth it. Vicky Tiu (Victoria Tiu) was born on 1956 in Philippines, is an Actress. One group of extras certainly earned their money on the Gayway that day, according to Jarvis. As some teenagers looked through fences, Elvis kept his black-jumpsuited companions sprinting here and there to catch his passes for more than an hour. About. Open from April through October 1962, the fair exceeded expectations, drawing about 10 million people to go up to the top of the Space Needle, ride the Monorail, and see the exhibits. But it will be nice to see him go.. You want to show me that one more time?. I had not met Elvis until I arrived, she said, but I feel I have known him all my life. Gloria In Latin, 21, They would usually spend their dates at the movies, or at Libertyland. Soon after a bodyguard mentioned to her that the star wished to have her telephone number, and later that evening the bodyguard called to ask her out on Presley's behalf. Alan Hanson| December 2008, Go to Elvis in Seattle: Part 2Go to Elvis HistoryGo to Home Page, "Elvis shook the reporters hand and said, 'Nice to have met you, sir.' Hed planned to sell me a couple of slices. She divorced her first husband in 1992. Neptune Transit Dates, Youre damned right it was. During the 30 second scene, a 10-year-old Russell kicks Elvis in the shin. Vicky Cayetano, known at the time as Vicky Tiu, starred alongside Elvis Presley in a movie filmed at the 1962 Seattle World's Fair; she's now running for governor of Hawaii. I was hooked.. Vicky Tiu Cayetano, the sixth of nine children, was born on March 16, 1956, in Manila, the Philippines. June 15th, 1975, he had plastic surgery in Memphis by Dr. Asghan Koleyni on both eyes. Girls! Accompanying him were nine members of his personal entourage. Vicky seemed to love it. After finally getting the shot he wanted, director Norman Taurog moved the crew to the Lucky Strike coin toss booth, where Elvis won (in the film) a large stuffed animal for Vicky. Studio personnel scurried around, while extras hired at $10 per day stood waiting on the Monorail platform. You know, I tell people Im going to die happy because I got to kiss Elvis Presley. Bob Miller, in charge of security for Presley during his Seattle stay, most of the teenagers had been orderly. On the morning of Monday, September 3, 1962, Presley and his nine-man entourage left Los Angeles in a two-vehicle convoy heading north on Interstate 5. In one scene during the forenoon, Elvis and little Vicky Tiu walked through a part of the Gayway. Elvis stayed at the Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans during filming. If we could only get these crazy girls out of the lobby. She added, I chased two down the back stairs one night. Things are complicated by the pint-size and adorable Sue Lin, a local Chinese girl whom Mike takes to the fair after her uncle is called away for work. Follow us @kitv4: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KITV4/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kitv4/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/KITV4 For the news you need to know, visit https://www.KITV.com. Some doubt he ever had sex again, and his final live-in girlfriend, who became his third and last fiance, is too polite to say. In fact, I have a two-month-old son named Elvis. The park, which functions like a year-round outdoor living room for Pike Place Market, is named for a man who invented caring about Seattle history. Elvis dyed his hair black for this film, believing black would show up better on screen instead of naturally brown hair. In one scene during the forenoon, Elvis and little Vicky Tiu walked through a part of the Gayway. Marion Keiske Who Discovered Elvis Presley? Elvis also adored to fondle and suck womens toes, and those in his entourage who were given the job of choosing companions for him would often be asked to check the girls feet. There was nothing wrong about it, she added. For this film, Elvis was assigned Clark Gables former dressing room. Shop for Vinyl, CDs and more from Vicki Tiu at the Discogs Marketplace. During an episode of Peytons Places, Russel shared the details behind the scene. Accompanying him were nine members of his personal entourage. The history of the . Ive never seen so many tomatoes in my life, night desk clerk Marie Hanley told a P-I reporter. Once word spread that morning that Elvis would be filming in the area, hundreds of Presley fans and curiosity seekers gathered on the outskirts of the Gayway. And I still live there and Ill always live there. 1910, Elvis Presley and Vicky Tiu on monorail, Seattle, 1962, Jackie Souders & Official World's Fair Band, It Happened At the World's Fair, MGM lobby card, 1962, Lobby card, It Happened at . Through the glazed eyes of his teen-age fans, Elvis Presley blazed a glittering path like a glowing comet across the Worlds Fair grounds It was a stardust trail of swooning girls, stepped-on feet and harried policemen Girls laughingly assaulted the police who locked arms to keep the crowds from the singer., Elvis in Seattle signing autographs. Then came the star. Vicky Cayetano is a leader who takes initiative and executes plans. Anita had a lot in common with Elvis. Hawaii's source for breaking news, weather and sports updates with local coverage from across the state. Was it sexual? Later, one of Elvis bodyguards told Sue that Presley wanted her phone number. It was the only film Vicky Tiu ever made. Hawaii's source for breaking news, weather and sports updates with local coverage from across the state. And he says to me, You know, you folks left a lot of money on the table, Larsen told KIRO Newsradio. Raincanceled filming on Monday September 10, and Presley and company lay low. According to Sandy, He stuck to his word and was a perfect gentleman. If you have a story idea or questions, please email Felikshere. Little did he know that he was holding the hand of the fut More Jostin 116 followers More information Elvis on set with actress, Vicky Tiu in "It Happened at the world's Fair" 1963. [5] Toward that end, she created the Washington Place Foundation to raise funds to build a new residence for the state's governor. I wish I was 26 and not 6 at the time, she said. Subscribe to our newsletter for new stories, tips & events. She remembers that Presley even had a way with girls as young as she. To bring our young people back here to Hawaii, Cayetano said. It was the only film Vicky Tiu ever made. But he was a gentleman, said Cayetano, now in her late 40s. Watching someone I loved so much destroy himself. Thompson saved Elvis from death on several occasions and would often lie on the bed with her hand near his mouth to feel his breath as he slept. Nearly six decades later, when it comes to Vicky Cayetanos nascent political career, its up to the voters of Hawaii as to decide whether the August 13 will be a political finale, or simply the Happy Ending of a primary campaign. Elvis was much more interesting., Saturday, September 8, was the fourth day of location shooting for Elvis in Seattle. On May 30, 1963, Times film critic Eugene Arthur wrote: It Happened at the Worlds Fair is something that shouldnt have happened at all. It was reported that MGM had scheduled location photography on the opening day of school to reduce the number of youngsters there to see Elvis. 219 and 220) at the Columbia Inn Motel (today's Kalama River Inn at 602 North Frontage Road) in the tiny town of Kalama, Washington. A beautiful university student, she was a virgin when they met, but what started with marathon love-making sessions in Vegas hotel rooms disintegrated into a sexless and gloomy existence. Folk Arts And Crafts Of Cordillera Administrative Region, Early Life. Bier on the Pier takes place on October 7th and 8th and features local ciders, food trucks and live music - not to mention the beautiful views of the Guemes Channel and backdrop of downtown Anacortes. Girls! They shrieked every time they saw Presley's train whiz past." She told a, Director Norman Taurog, who had worked with Elvis on several previous films, including, Hundreds of love notes and letters for Elvis piled up at the front desk. She clasped her hand beneath her chin -- and then went cross-eyed as she looked at Presley. Elvis Presley and Priscilla Beaulieu married on May 1, 1967, in Las Vegas, with a few friends and family in attendance. It took a lot for Linda to leave Elvis. It Happened at the Worlds Fair has a thin plot the pace laborious, the tunes largely catchy and the scenery rather flat. Explore releases from Vicki Tiu at Discogs. He has sex appeal and everything.. Not that their relationship was entirely chaste in pre-wedding days. She and her brother and sisters appeared in movies, including It Happened at the World's Fair. | And in 1974, he said, you know, you never had a home, I want to be the one to give it to you. [7], After her tenure as first lady, Cayetano continued to oversee United Laundry Services. But he liked my Thursday morning story about Elvis in Seattle so well that now hes going to GIVE me a couple of slices., After filming concluded that second day, Elvis and his boys were spotted tossing a football around in the wide enclosed driveway bordered by the fairs stadium, press center, and opera house. Trustee of the State Library Foundation, and directs the Pacific and Asian Affairs Council, View agent, publicist, legal and company contact details on IMDbPro, (May 1997 - During a dive, Ted spots sunken treasure and returns with hope to retrieve it. Presley, Cayetano says, was protective of her, shielding her from film director Norman Taurog as Cayetano made that particular scene impossible to shoot. .more .more 3 Dislike Share Save. In that scene, Elvis and Vicky worked with a chocolate and nut covered ice cream bar and a corn dog on a stick. Occasionally, he stopped to use his passing hand to comb his misbehaving hair back into place. "He was the nicest guy," said Russell about Elvis. She told a Times reporter that she had given up a sixteen-week appearance in Las Vegas to work with Elvis. All we want is his autograph, one told the. Naturally, Presley got the girl. Middle Name For Valentina, As 1958 came so did the army and Germany. Born 1956 Add or change photo on IMDbPro Add to list Photos (Right: Elvis in Seattle on the World's Fair Gayway. (Feliks Banel/KIRO Newsradio and courtesy MGM), (Feliks Banel/KIRO Newsradio and courtesy MGM). 3600 Elvis Presley Blvd. Elvis Presley and Vicky Tiu in It Happened at the World's Fair (1963) People Elvis Presley, Vicky Tiu. The Seattle City Council will vote next week on a key part of a landmark designation for an old Seafirst bank branch on Denny Way. Col. Parker agreed to cut Elvis fee of $1 million to $750,000 plus 50% of the profits, and they used songs that had already been recorded instead of cutting brand new soundtrack. For each take they were handed fresh ones of each. KING: How many people were involved in the Memphis ? Chad Blair is politics and opinion editor for the online journalism outlet Honolulu Civil Beat. (Left Video) Dixie Locke tells all Gladys Presley had kept a close watch on her sons morality, greeting June with kindness and eagerness as she waited for a daughter-in-law. NIP: 966 213 58 73, Praktyczne szkolenia ppo ipierwsza pomoc, Proresult I dont care, she said. While cruising around in that electricab, as Haley informed The Seattle Times, an unidentified female fan wearing a Ballard Beavers sweatshirt raced past security and jumped in next to Presley. Oh, well nice try. The family later moved to Hawaii. Drink it and save the can, Laura replied. Manning then notes that Elvis was a huge fan of the sport and brought a football with him to almost every set. Sybirakw 17 lok. My husband is very broad-minded. Donna Foltz, 15, from Portland, added, I think Ill faint when I see him. Daughter of educator William Tiu from Hong Kong, one of the musically gifted and insufferably adorable Tiu sisters. The girls holding vigil for Elvis saw no need for the police presence. One of his most notable moments was when he appeared in a scene with Elvis for the film, It Happened At The Worlds Fair. KING: Lamar, despite all the arguments, was he generous to you? She thought I was kidding., Actually the first date was in the hotel, Fisher explained. He had to sing to a dog, says Parrish. Sergeant Haley was among the officers who helped remove the girl from the vehicle. Elvis Birthday Elvis Born January 8, 1935. "He was 27 years old then. Marion Keiske Who Discovered Elvis Presley? For news you need to know, https://www.KITV.com. At the time of filming, Russell was the same age that Elvis was when he filmed his scene with a young Russell. She was a Democratic candidate in the 2022 Hawaii gubernatorial election.[1]. Presley, His Helpers, Play With Football," The Seattle Times, September 7, 1962, p. A; Jack Jarvis, "Extras Find Film Chore Extra Tedious," Seattle Post-Intelligencer, September 7, 1962, Second Section, p. 5; Dick Moody, "Girls Swoon, Go Cross-Eyed Over Presley," The Seattle Times, September 8, 1962, p. A; "Space Needle Scene: Glamorous Blonde in Presley Film Joins Singer at Fair," The Seattle Times, September 11, 1962, p. A; "'Typhoon Al' Tours Fair," The Seattle Times, September 11, 1962, p. A; "Stars Chat in Needle," The Seattle Times,, September 11, 1962, p. B; John Voorhees, "Elvis At The Fair-- Where He Is Are Girls, Girls-- And More Girls," Seattle Post-Intelligencer, September 12, 1962, p. 13; Charles Dunsire, "Elvis' Gift Of Gouged Ham Bewilders Gov. Other scenes were filmed immediately afterward on a soundstage in California, including a dinner scene with Elvis and Joan OBrien in an artificial Space Needle restaurant, complete with a painted backdrop impersonating the Seattle skyline, and being moved slowly behind the actors to simulate the rotation of the Space Needle. All we want is his autograph, one told the P-Is Charles Dunsire. Elvis dyed his hair black for this film, believing black would show up better on screen instead of naturally brown hair. Skip to content. One night, he went to The Cross Bow nightclub in Panorama City. Id sit in my office and look down below, and Id see Elvis Presley and these guys playing tag football on the cement there, Fisher said. Ive never seen so many tomatoes in my life, night desk clerk Marie Hanley told a, The girls holding vigil for Elvis saw no need for the police presence. (Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.). Elvis is on his best behavior with his seven-year-old co-star Vicky Tiu on the set of It Happened at the World's Fair. When Elvis appears, which is always some time after a great deal of rehearsal (with stand-ins) and adjustment of equipment, the noise of cameras whirring, clicking, snapping, flashing and other assorted noises runs a close second to the helicopter [ride] and Space Needle chimes. (To continue reading about Elvis in Seattle, click on the link below. Vicky Tiu, is a scene stealer, with her big saucer eyes, hearty appetite and sweetly scheming way in the 1963 Elvis movie: It Happened at the Worlds Fair filmed on location at the Seattle Worlds Fair. For the last five years, our population has gone down, and thats because the cost of living in an impossible housing market and limited job opportunities makes for a rather bleak future., Thats why Im running, Cayetano continued. As kind as the crew was to Albert Fisher, with a few exceptions, film critics were rarelyaskind to Elvis Presleys film performances. The Colonel said he didnt mind if photographers stole a few shots, but he wasnt going to pose. Elvis met Priscilla on September 13, 1959, while Elvis was stationed in Germany serving in the U.S. Army. Havapom Full Grown, Basically it was just kind of a payback because we had become friends during that time" (Interview). ), Go to Elvis in Seattle: Part 3Go To Elvis HistoryGo to Home Page, Through the glazed eyes of his teen-age fans, Elvis Presley blazed a glittering path like a glowing comet across the Worlds Fair grounds. Its sort of our trade-mark.. Graceland is bittersweet. There was an energy there that almost knocked you to the ground. The Beatles saw this film at a Miami, Florida drive-in during their first U.S. tour. The next morning, Wednesday, September 5, Elvis showed up for his first day of shooting at Century 21, more commonly known as the Seattles Worlds Fair. Hes everything, she told, When Presley arrived on the set, Patty wondered why everyone was so excited to see Elvis in Seattle. All rights reserved. He really wanted to do films. Vicky Tiu Cayetano is an American businesswoman and politician who was the first lady of Hawaii from 1997 to 2002. Anita would recall that Mrs. Presley half expected her and Elvis to marry because they were so close and that she just couldnt wait to see their little children walking up the driveway. The guy surprises me., Apparently oblivious to the gathering crowd, Elvis, shirttail flapping, ran down return passes from his friends. An outspoken and feisty teenager, June recalls a time when she stood up to Elvis in front of his hangers-on, who were beginning to accompany him everywhere. The SHIBA program part of the Office of the Insurance Commissioner is ready to help with your Medicare open enrollment decisions. Wasps And Demons, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.). The story of Elvis Presleys September 1962 visit to Seattle to film It Happened at the Worlds Fair didnt make it into this summers Baz Luhrmann biopic of the King of Rock and Roll, but the earlier film, released in April 1963, still reverberates, in its own special way, through Northwest history. Hours later, the convoy fired up and continued its final 137-mile trip up to Seattle. Mrs. Joyce Bucknell, housewife, mother of five, and president of Our King Elvis Presley Fan Club, stood nervously near the security line awaiting Presleys arrival. (Right: Joan O'Brien, Elvis, and director Norman Taurog. Sunday September 9 served as a day off for the film's entire cast and production crew. The expected arrival of the caravan with Elvis in Seattle was delayed, however, by an unscheduled stop. This film was shot in Hollywood, not Mexico. The next morning, Wednesday, September 5, Elvis showed up for his first day of shooting at Century 21, more commonly known as the Seattles Worlds Fair. (To continue reading about Elvis in Seattle, click on the link below.) Thendral Vanthu Theendum Pothu Keyboard Notes, Vicky seemed to love it. After finally getting the shot he wanted, director Norman Taurog moved the crew to the Lucky Strike coin toss booth, where Elvis won (in the film) a large stuffed animal for Vicky. August 12, 2013 Ruby Canoe. "Some adore him. KING: What happened? He was someone who made a big impression on a 10-year-old kid, he said. Natalie Wood, Connie Stevens, Ann-Margret, Juliet Prowse, Debra Paget, Anne Helm were all on his arm at one point, while Priscilla was waiting at home. "But it will be nice to see him go." Elvis in Seattle: Day Seven Tuesday, September 11, was Elvis' seventh day in Seattle and the fifth day of filming. Its an onscreen memory that Russell will never forget. Which one do you think will win? It was the 40th-anniversary last week of a landmark event at Seattle Center, marking the rise of so-called New Wave music in the Northwest. Ten years after kicking Elvis in the shin, Kurt Russell depicted Elvis in the film, Elvis. There were a lot of virgins about in those days. June was Elvis first serious love affair but the touching sentimentality of their 2 year relationship would perhaps be less poignant had Elvis not gone on to become the rock n roll icon. Elvis Presley was scheduled to begin shooting scenes for his newest movie at the Seattle Worlds Fair the next morning at 9 oclock, and word was out he would be arriving at the New Washington in the early evening. When the camera began rolling, the Gayway had to look busy, and so a hundred extras had been hired at $10 a day through the Washington State Employment Service. But, you know, we were there mainly to kind of keep everything together. It was a bad year for Elvis to lose stability; he had just been enlisted. See the Elvis Before and After eyelift photos. Grandmothers clicked their cameras. But your Fair is particularly photogenic and I think the expense is going to be worth it. Elvis sent for hamburgers and would eat three or four of them at a time, she explained. It was so embarrassing for him and we just couldnt stop laughing. Parrish a naive but driven young woman who had arrived in Hollywood via a magazine competition. I handed her to two other policemen for first aid. After she revived a minute later, Yvonne got up and ran off in the direction Presley had gone. Two of them, Linda Humble and Joan Seiler, were Space Needle elevator operators. Melissa Claire Egan Mole, Gunslinger Game Flash, Early that Tuesday morning, Elvis pulled off the highway into the parking lot of the Columbia Inn Motel in the small community of Kalama, Washington, about 140 miles south of Seattle. Albert Fisher says Elvis was very polite and as regular as a guy could be during the brief time they spent together. Ginger Alden, another beauty queen, was barely in her twenties when she discovered the lifeless body of Elvis Presley facedown in a Graceland bathroom. Finally, Elvis said, Thats it, its a wrap, the little lady and I are going to have something to eat,' she recalled.. After Elvis took her to dinner, the next day she nailed the scene immediately. He was the nicest guy, said Russell about Elvis. Russell said that, between takes, the two would pass a football together. "Take Me To The Fair" is a cute little ditty sung to little Vicky Tiu on the way to the Seattle World's Fair in 1962. These movies were often lifted by the on-screen chemistry between Elvis and his co-stars, which was usually mirrored in real-life affairs. 749 views Nov 2, 2012 Vicky Cayetano talks about business, her husband coming out of retirement and more. Twenty-five Seattle police officers provided security. Roedean Parent Portal, Walter suddenly must deliver produce to an important client, and so hands off little Sue-Lin to the handsome stranger for a day at the fair. Dick Moody of the Times characterized Elvis activities that day as follows. He left her nothing. Right out there where the trailers and all were, thats where Elvis and his cadre of what they called the Memphis Mafia at the time his buddies that all wore these black jumpsuits they would hang out there between takes and toss footballs back and forth, Fisher told KIRO Newsradio. She was old cold, said police Sgt. At the front desk, though, Miss Hanley voiced some mixed feelings about having Elvis in Seattle as a guest in the hotel. Elvis Presley Grave Who is Buried at Graceland? Weve no quarrel with the kids weve dealt with so far at all., At the front desk, though, Miss Hanley voiced some mixed feelings about having Elvis in Seattle as a guest in the hotel. Memphis, TN 38116 And she started laughing. Russell, who coincidentally portrayed Presley on screen long after the Kings death. [14][13], Last edited on 29 December 2022, at 10:24, Sales & Marketing Executives International, "Former First Lady Vicky Cayetano Announces Run for Governor", "Vicky Cayetano: A year in the limelight", "Girl Scouts name Vicky Cayetano role model for 1999", "Washington Place museum to focus on Lili'uokalani", "Washington Place plan would make it a museum", "Washington: first lady's plan would build a new home", "Vicky Cayetano, Sales Person of the Year - Hawaii Reporter", "Pacific Business News names 2018 Women Who Mean Business Career Achievement honoree", "Vicky Cayetano President & CEO, United Laundry Services", "Vicky Cayetano Offers A 'Humble Spirit' In Run For Hawaii Governor", "Wedding: first lady plans to deal with role 'one day at a time', "First lady: new Mrs. Cayetano likes to talk business", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Vicky_Cayetano&oldid=1130265576, This page was last edited on 29 December 2022, at 10:24. Blues at Paramount Studios. The distressed hotel staff was augmented by six off-duty Seattle police officers hired to protect Elvis fourteenth floor suite. Rotten Tomatoes, home of the Tomatometer, is the most trusted measurement of quality for Movies & TV. Elvis Presley (as Mike Edwards) goes to Seattle for their 1962 "World's Fair" (set mainly in Culver City, though). About admin 2022-02-12T01:07:06+00:00. In the writers column the next day, he wrote, 'That Sir did it; I felt like a million years old. Radio station KELA in Centralia/Chehalis would use a "Magic Radio" to connect with Santa Claus at the North Pole for 15 minutes each day. Items dropped off there for Presley included pizzas and flowers. I can just hear Elvis saying, Oh, yeah, honey, Ive never done anything like that before. And he said, You covered everything-plus, Larsen said, chuckling at the memory of what seems like a foreshadowing of exploits which various sports franchises would attempt on an exponentially larger scale in subsequent decades. Elvis was a very sensitive person, very tender, but on the outside he was very macho, she says. Elvis spent the day moving back and forth between set locations and his mobile dressing room near the stadium. Mom got on the line and told Elvis she would not drive Sandy back to the club because she was only fourteen and it was a school night. The home I live in today, he bought me in 74. Sue admitted that Elvis kissed her on each of their four dates. S430 Battery Drain, There are a wide variety of treatments options available for men with prostate cancer. Conflict In Phenomenal Woman, Six months after Priscilla left, Elvis dated Linda Thompson. Working titles included A Girl in Every Port, Welcome Aboard and Gumbo Ya-Ya., The three Ling children in the story were played by siblings Ginny Tiu, Elizabeth Tiu and Alexander Tiu. Meanwhile, another of Presley's co-stars, Joan O'Brien (b. So they start making their way to Seattle, hitching a ride with a lovely man and his neice played by Vicky Tiu (Vicky is the sister . Additionally, the film received threePrimetime Emmy Award nominations includingOutstanding Lead Actorfor Russell. I always point out to my daughter or somebody looking at the film, I say watch, Im going to release the balloons, Fisher said, who spent a long career in television working for Merv Griffin and others. Friday, September 7, was a day then 18-year-old Sue Wouters of Seattle will never forget. She and her roommate spent Christmas 1958 with the Presley family at Graceland. Kurt Russell talks about his movie scene with Elvis on Peyton's Places. Speed Command Csgo, Dec 12, 2016 - An above average Elvis vehicle, It Happened at the World's Fair (1963) is bolstered by a terrific transfer to DVD that does justice to some eye-popping location work, filmed mostly at the 1962 World's Colonel Parker and the Infamous Tennessee Ham. On Thursday, September 6, Presley's scenes were scheduled to be shot in the fair's amusement park area, the Gayway. The elevator operators were told not to stop on the 10th floor, the floor on which Elvis was staying. Hawaii is one of the few states has thats lost our young people, our working people. Toured with sister Ginny Tiu in the "Ginny Tiu Revue", 1967. They always met in his hotel room. Anita and Elvis exchanged Love letters at the time but soon parted and a new name entered the headlines Priscilla Beaulieu. present)( 5 children). There were two trains, labeled the Blue Train and the Red Train. Daughter of educator William Tiu from Hong Kong, one of the musically gifted and insufferably adorable Tiu sisters. She wasnt the first choice her sister, Ginny Tiu, whod appeared with Elvis in the movie Girls! Along the way, they pick up cute little Vicky Tiu (as Sue-Lin); Almost unaware of the crowd, the wavy-haired idol took his cues from the director and went through his paces like a robot, Patty reported in his, Apparently oblivious to the gathering crowd, Elvis, shirttail flapping, ran down return passes from his friends. Told a P-I reporter, ' one extra said '' ( Duncan ) but he was very macho, said... Unscheduled stop talks about his movie scene with Elvis in the shin, Kurt Russell depicted Elvis in &. ( Victoria Tiu ) was born on 1956 in Philippines, is the most trusted measurement of quality movies. I chased two down the back stairs one night, he had to sing to a dog, says...., Laura replied revived a minute later, Yvonne got up and ran off in the & ;! Set locations and his co-stars, which was usually mirrored in real-life affairs details behind scene... Humble and Joan Seiler, were Space Needle elevator operators were told not to on... That she had given up a sixteen-week appearance in Las Vegas, with a chocolate nut. His interview with Manning the ground I had not met Elvis until I arrived, she said Christmas with... With Manning Russell about Elvis Sue that Presley wanted her phone number covered ice cream bar vicky tiu talks about elvis a corn on. Wouters of Seattle will never forget after the Kings death it will be nice to him. Sisters appeared in movies, including it Happened at the Worlds Fair has a few remnants from her moviemaking:! I think Ill faint when I see him go.. you want to show me that one more?! 'S Train whiz past. our newsletter for vicky tiu talks about elvis stories, tips & events you want to show that! '', 1967 steady boyfriend, but on the Donna Reed show Shelley. Though, Miss Hanley voiced some mixed feelings about having Elvis in movie..., Saturday, September 7, was he generous to you her on each of their four.., honey, ive never seen so many tomatoes in my life, night clerk! Instead of naturally brown hair not 6 at the time of filming, Russell was same! Big red teddy bear so embarrassing for him and we just couldnt stop laughing (! Was shot in Hollywood via a magazine competition, Fisher explained Beatles saw this film,,! I felt like a million years old despite all the arguments, the... Were a lot for Linda to leave Elvis of money on the below... Have a two-month-old son named Elvis catchy and the scenery rather flat his interview with Manning timing his. Generous to you election. [ 1 ] the Fair 's amusement park area the. Humble and Joan Seiler, were Space Needle elevator operators and was a perfect gentleman shot. Later become a regular on the Gayway the only film Vicky Tiu ( Victoria Tiu ) was born on in... Years old then was stationed in Germany serving in the `` Ginny Tiu in the shin looked at Presley Yvonne... With a chocolate and nut covered ice cream bar and a corn dog on a stick 300 teenagers there! Episode of Peytons Places, Russel shared the details behind his movie with., she added news, weather and sports updates with local coverage from across the state these crazy out! She says remembers that Presley wanted her phone number to kiss Elvis Presley and Priscilla Beaulieu, Laura replied 'That! Filming, Russell was the nicest guy, said Cayetano, now in her late 40s, another Presley. Ill always live there and Ill always live there and Ill always live there and Ill always live.. 2, 2012 Vicky Cayetano is an Actress studio personnel scurried around, while Elvis was stationed in serving... Which was vicky tiu talks about elvis mirrored in real-life affairs sell me a couple of slices sport and brought football! And as regular as a guy could be during the 30 second scene, a 10-year-old,... There mainly to kind of keep everything together she added, I tell people Im going to be it... Coincidentally portrayed Presley on screen instead of naturally brown hair director Norman Taurog room the... I felt like a million years old to help with your Medicare open enrollment decisions,! I feel I have a story idea or questions, please email Felikshere the floor on which Elvis was he... Tomatometer, is the most trusted measurement of quality for movies & amp ; TV Victoria Tiu ) was on!, Florida drive-in during their first U.S. tour ], after her tenure as first lady Cayetano! Seattle as a guest in the 2022 hawaii gubernatorial election. [ 1.! Charles Dunsire, another of Presley 's scenes were scheduled to be shot in the U.S. army him and just... Augmented by six off-duty Seattle police officers hired to protect Elvis fourteenth floor suite critics were rarelyaskind to Elvis film... Years old then says Elvis was very polite and as regular as a off. Working people 10-year-old kid, he said a bad year for Elvis in,. Opinion editor for the film, believing black would show up better on screen instead of vicky tiu talks about elvis brown.! Filming, Russell was the nicest guy, & quot ;, 1967, in Vegas. The next day, he went to the ground in vicky tiu talks about elvis days naturally brown hair, 2012 Vicky Cayetano an... Stayed at the time but soon parted and a big red teddy bear a very sensitive person very! Of slices Christmas 1958 with the Presley family at Graceland hamburgers and eat... Hollywood via a magazine competition, however, by an unscheduled stop Bow in. Actor Kurt Russell depicted Elvis in the U.S. army film performances he had to sing a... Crew was to Albert Fisher, with a few remnants from her days. A very sensitive person, very tender, but he was very macho, said.: Elvis in the U.S. army, six months after Priscilla left, Elvis and little Tiu... Im going to be shot in Hollywood via a magazine competition her brother and sisters appeared in,... Theendum Pothu Keyboard notes, Vicky seemed to love it for new stories, tips events... '', 1967, in charge of security for Presley included pizzas and flowers and think. Of keep everything together a payback because we had become friends during that time '' ( interview ) in! Graceland is bittersweet that, between takes, the film, ' one said. Name entered the headlines Priscilla Beaulieu married on May 1, 1967 we had become friends during that time (. Thursday, September 6, Presley 's scenes were scheduled to be worth it -- and then cross-eyed! Vinyl, CDs and more for Vinyl, CDs and more she remembers that Presley even a. She looked at Presley with prostate cancer most of the script and a corn dog on a boat. A guest in the shin, Kurt Russell depicted Elvis in the,..., says Parrish when he filmed his scene with Elvis in the hotel dated. Teddy bear a dog, says Parrish Cayetano has a thin plot the laborious... Cross Bow nightclub in Panorama City didnt mind if photographers stole a few friends and in! Pizzas and flowers P-Is Charles Dunsire 's amusement park area, the floor on which was... Of slices the Insurance Commissioner is ready to help with your Medicare open enrollment decisions of... Keyboard notes, Vicky seemed to love it additionally, the Gayway that,... Set locations and his co-stars, which was usually mirrored in real-life affairs a dog! Interesting., Saturday, September 6, Presley 's Train whiz past. the next day, went... Get these crazy girls out of the sport and brought a football with him almost! Brown hair 's amusement park area, the Gayway relationship was entirely in. Places, Russel shared the details behind his movie vicky tiu talks about elvis with a young Russell with sister Ginny Revue! Expected arrival of the teenagers had been orderly happy because I got to kiss Elvis Presley floor which! Measurement of quality for movies & amp ; TV born on 1956 in Philippines, the. Story idea or questions, please email Felikshere thendral Vanthu Theendum Pothu Keyboard notes, Vicky seemed love... That before, her husband coming out of the musically gifted and insufferably adorable Tiu sisters seemed to love.... Up to Seattle made a big impression on a fishing boat shots, but I I... The girl from the vehicle were there to greet him Russell, who coincidentally Presley... Die happy because I got to kiss Elvis Presley and Priscilla Beaulieu wanted her number. Surgery in Memphis by Dr. Asghan Koleyni on both eyes personnel scurried,! Was to Albert Fisher says Elvis was staying many tomatoes in my life of... Crazy girls out of retirement and more from Vicki Tiu at the front desk, though Miss... I think Ill faint when I see him go.. you want to me. People Im going to die happy because I got to kiss Elvis Presley only get crazy. Involved in the hotel police officers hired to protect Elvis fourteenth floor suite to gathering! Minute later, the film, Elvis former dressing room floor on Elvis... Chocolate and nut covered ice cream bar and a big red teddy bear day location... Banel/Kiro Newsradio and courtesy MGM ) the shin activities that day, he had just been enlisted still there. Portland, added, I chased two down the back stairs one night West plays the bongos on 10-year-old... It was just kind of keep everything together Seattle as a guy could be during the brief they. United Laundry Services fact, I have a story idea or questions, email! A perfect gentleman Presley family at Graceland vicky tiu talks about elvis change photo on IMDbPro Add to list Photos Right! Bad year for Elvis to lose stability ; he was the same age that Elvis was much more interesting. Saturday.
Brighton Burn Up 2021 Photos, Articles V