Some of the most popular restaurants in Varenna that provide takeout are: Some of the best restaurants in Varenna for families with children include: Some of the most popular restaurants in Varenna for cheap eats include: I had the seafood grill of tuna swordfish, After reviewing the menu, we choose 1 appetizer to share, 1. Vinyls by Style. We had both tasting menus and the food was delightful. . follow us @thetriplog for more trips! Attention to detail, quality and service. There was nothing wrong with the foods we ordered, but there was nothing that stood out either. Of course, never returning to Ristorante La Vista. Price: it cost us 25,50. "Best Gelateria !". Required fields are marked *. With its fiery, red interior, this American restaurant stood out in the streets of Kuala Lumpur. Try Ristorante Du Lac, Royal Gourmet, Caffe Bistrot, or any other waterfront restaurant for breathtaking views but far better service. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Gelato is a must, of course. Home Bar il Molo Varenna - Bar il Molo Varenna. The Hotel Milano was more formal and had a great view. I was shocked at the disgustingly rude way in which we were spoken to. Pasta, grills & panini, plus cocktails & desserts, on an elegant terrace overlooking the lake. My questions. You could fit some sightseeing in between meals or just take your time, enjoy the views, or have a nap before the next round of eating begins. Zestimate Home Value: $12,750,000. Couldnt recommend it more highly. Ristorante Vecchia Varenna. What we were really enjoyed was that this is not a huge restaurant and the elevation and access mean it private whilst you have an unadulterated view with only the gentle clatter of cutlery and Lake boats to accompany your dinner. View more recently sold homes. Pasta and pizza were delicious, as was the sorbet. Either way, you are sure to have a wonderful day. My main was sliced duck, with pieces that were tender and succulent. Relax in the sleepy village of Varenna, visit the Villa Taranto Botanical Gardens, or check . Contrada Scoscesa, 7, 23829 Varenna LC, Italy, Via XX Settembre, 35, 23829 Varenna LC, Italy. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone that wishes to have a great time with family, friends, love one. Hotels are limited but there are quite a few apartments to rent. Nice "beach" and bar. The best meal we have had in Italy so far. Service was friendly, every food choice we had was excellent and the view at sunset is breath taking. This is the crme de la crme of planning apps! The restaurant is located in a quiet and very pretty alley with views of the lake. We received our meals pretty fast that is a huge plus. Returned a few days later as again open later than most others nearby and had lovely pasta and panna cotta! The price is very reasonable for the portion and the service is quick and friendly. Having made our reservation weeks ahead and securing it with a $100 deposit, our family of 6 adults was completely ignored during the 50 minutes we sat at our table. There are many restaurants in Varenna with outside seating and lake views; it would help if you mentioned what else you are looking for; i.e. European, Italian, Mediterranean, Pizza, Vegetarian options, Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean, Vegetarian options, Italian, Mediterranean, Vegetarian options, European, Italian, Pizza, Wine bars, Vegetarian options, Italian, Mediterranean, Seafood, Vegetarian options, Italian, European, Mediterranean, Seafood, Vegetarian options, European, Italian, Mediterranean, Seafood, Vegetarian options, Set the time and duration of opening hours of the restaurant, In radius 0.2 km from Varenna city center, In radius 0.5 km from Varenna city center, In radius 100 km from Varenna city center, Best restaurants with desserts in Varenna, Best business lunch restaurants in Varenna, / Cafe, Italian, Coffee house, Desserts, Pub & bar, Amazing non alcoholic cocktails and icecream bowl with a, and quite a few tables outdoors along the water. Dear Guest, our Restaurant will be open also for lunch only from May 1st until Septemper 30th, with a different menu than served in the evening. The carpaccio was thinly sliced and the plating was gorgeous. The trail is above the lake and takes you through chestnut woods and cute villages, past vegetable gardens and olive groves. How do I know? Great place to grab a sandwich and a drink. Great location, good staff, cant Review the food because sadly they didnt serve. Whatever the reason, it was beyond appalling and rude.More, Our meal here was a real highlight of our trip. Was it because my son-in-law is Latino? ADDRESS : Riva Garibaldi 14 23829 Varenna Italy. Many of us are foodies on the Wanderlog team, so naturally were always on the hunt to eat at the most popular spots anytime we travel somewhere new. We are vegetarians and they couldnt serve salads or anything. We came here with a big group of people and loved the view onto Lake Como. Great service. The first pizza arrived 10-15 minutes before the last one. The food had the perfect set of spices. Wholeheartedly recommend and would return again! And the service and food was perfect, i would recommend the risotto with scallops! Masks inside and outside? We went twice in our three day stay and would happily return again. However the Food - WOW. The risotto with burrata was one of the best dishes Ive ever eaten. !, Hotels near Taxi Boat Varenna - Day Tours, Hotels near Il Giardino Botanico - Hotel Villa Cipressi, Hotels near Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista, Hotels near Paul DEMARIA - The Open Lake & Landscape Studio dArte, Hotels near La Passeggiata Degli Innamorati, Hotels near Trekkingsmile Di Nadia Lillia, Hotels near Museo Ornitologico Luigi Scanagatta, Hotels near Normen Stern Pittore Art Gallery, European Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Varenna, Italian Restaurants for Special Occasions in Varenna, Late Night European Restaurants in Varenna, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Varenna, Restaurants near Taxi Boat Varenna - Day Tours, Restaurants near Il Giardino Botanico - Hotel Villa Cipressi, Restaurants near Green Way dei Patriarchi, Restaurants near Paul DEMARIA - The Open Lake & Landscape Studio dArte, Restaurants near La Passeggiata Degli Innamorati, Restaurants near Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista, Restaurants near Trekkingsmile Di Nadia Lillia. The aperol spritz were 4.5 and it comes with some free chips. Compare. The view is amazing, probably the best restaurant in town. Love all Italy ! Thank you for your post, you helped us make the decision where we are staying on an impromptu trip booked for next week! It is a perfect location to done and just outside the very small and busy lake front of Varenna, but close enough to feel the ambience. The restaurant is located in a cute little alley and if you sit outside you can have a look at the Lake Como. We will be staying at the B&B affiliated with Hotel Oliveda. Excuse the filet picture, as I was too hungry to wait. Dont think about it - just click download right this minute. Food and drinks were delicious - for one entry, two main dishes, two deserts, water and three aperol we ended up paying 75, which is far considering the quality and service. Hotels near Taxi Boat Varenna - Day Tours, Hotels near Il Giardino Botanico - Hotel Villa Cipressi, Hotels near Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista, Hotels near Paul DEMARIA - The Open Lake & Landscape Studio dArte, Hotels near La Passeggiata Degli Innamorati, Hotels near Trekkingsmile Di Nadia Lillia, Hotels near Museo Ornitologico Luigi Scanagatta, Hotels near Normen Stern Pittore Art Gallery, European Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Varenna, Italian Restaurants for Special Occasions in Varenna, Late Night European Restaurants in Varenna, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Varenna, Restaurants near Taxi Boat Varenna - Day Tours, Restaurants near Il Giardino Botanico - Hotel Villa Cipressi, Restaurants near Green Way dei Patriarchi, Restaurants near Paul DEMARIA - The Open Lake & Landscape Studio dArte, Restaurants near La Passeggiata Degli Innamorati, Restaurants near Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista, Restaurants near Trekkingsmile Di Nadia Lillia. Creative northern Italian pasta, seafood & freshwater fish amid stone walls & vaulted ceilings. Perhaps if we were sitting outside it would've enhanced our opinions, but it was raining. The vegan bolognese dish was delicious! Il Cavatappi is a small trattoria in an alley near the main square in Varenna, Lombardy. The drinks were very good and not too pricey, we ordered two aperol spritz. I ate bolognese, carbonara and pizza. The dining area, / Pub & bar, Seafood, Restaurant, Italian, time and stop at In Vinis Veritas. also exceptional. 339 reviews Closed Now. 10. Unassuming hotel offering simple rooms, a restaurant & a bar, plus a free breakfast buffet & Wi-Fi. Needless to say, we immediately got up and left and will be charging back the $100 deposit they charged us. What are the most popular restaurants in Varenna? Wonderful food, extremely tasty & just 30 steps away from the tourist traps. Some of the rooms have balconies with views over Lake Como. This looked like a nice restaurant but don't be fooled. I had made a reservation in advance and requested a table with a view - we were not disappointed! Leura Mall is minutes away. Ottimi dolci. This restaurant is a MUST, you wont regret! The bathroom comes with a professional hairdryer. This is a do again!More. I love the authentic old world character of this hotel! Not once did a server approach our table to greet us, take a drink order, or our food order, or to apologize for the long wait. Hi there, It says that you open at 7pm, but it also says that you serve lunch - so I just wanted to check if you do provide a lunch service? One of the best dinners we had on our vacation in Italy. Their dark chocolate sorbet is outstanding, and despite being made without dairy, is amazingly creamy. $400,000 Last Sold Price. Varenna felt so touristy that I didnt expect the restaurants to be any good, but we ate some of the best meals of our entire Italy trip. the Faraona, (fowl), wonderfully seasoned. the grilled veggies - always tasty. The food was incredible, and the service to match. Varenna Tourism Varenna Hotels Varenna Bed and Breakfast Varenna Vacation Rentals . SOLD JUN 13, 2022. Accommodation is expensive. La Veranda dei Pescatori. We found great results, but some are outside Varenna. There was one free table that is surprising for this area because everything was fully occupied. Reasonable prices, for what you get. Thanks again for the wonderful moments! Our favorite is Il Cavatappi, a small 5-table restaurant that has remained unchanged with the increased popularity of Varenna . more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. I don't think I'm blending that disapointment into my view of the food, though. Share. I made a left turn and found heaven in Varenna! The food was good and it has a good varied menu. The Divina Vita apartment includes a fully equipped kitchenette with a dishwasher, air conditioning and a flat-screen satellite TV. We visited them 4 times during our stay and the food + service was consistent. A watchful eye was kept and whenever I needed something, a server approached quickly and fulfilled all my needs. Map updates are paused. Are you sure you want to delete this answer? Hosteria del Platano. Really good wine and the waiter/head waiter was very friendly and accomodating. Decent shoes are needed on the rocky trailwe were fine in hiking sandals. Enjoy! thanks. Follow and enjoy La Vista is the best restaurant I have eaten in the wole of Italy and I have eaten in many. The lovely waitress, greated us each day we walked by, and made our daily visit such fun! We are very patient people and sympathetic and understanding to businesses after the difficulties everything Covid brought, so we politely waited. but I can imagine the summertime to be quite bu, / Pub & bar, Seafood, Italian, Restaurant, but entered the hotel and it was right there. 6. Ristorante La Vista is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travelers: After reviewing the menu, we choose 1 appetizer to share, 1, Via XX Settembre, 35 Albergo Milano, 23829 Varenna Italy. I would happily eat their pumpkin soup every day for the rest of my life.While TA says this restaurant is $$$$, we didnt find it any more expensive (at least for vegetarian food) than any of the other well rated restaurants in Varenna.More, Good food, good service. Exquisite! The restaurant Vecchia Varenna overlooks Lake Como from a terrace in Riva Granda. Il Cavatappi is a bit pricey but its worth it for the fantastic food. Gelateria Riva di Riva Duilio. Great place! de hauts plafonds et de poutres restaures qui confrent ce btiment historique un . Property type: Apartment Property size: 3,234 sqft / 300 sqm. Piazza Martiri, 14, 23829 Varenna LC, Italy, Riva Garibaldi, 1, 23829 Varenna LC, Italy. Piazza S. Giorgio, 1, 23829 Varenna LC, Italy. A complementary pepper & anchovy bite turned up and was tasty. However, this did not detract too much from what turned out to be a lovely lunch. This is a do again! $849,000. extraordinary tiramisu. Yes please, frizzante. Varenna is one of the prettiest towns on Lake Como in Italy. Interior: it is a cute place with a lake view. It's a bit pricier than other restaurants around the Lake Como but it's worth it! Varenna Tourism Varenna Hotels Varenna Bed and Breakfast Varenna Holiday Rentals . 2 nights and 1 full day in Milan then 5 nights on Lake Como. Our aperitivo drink of choice is an Aperol Spritz (citrusy, slightly bitter Aperol with prosecco and soda), which is large, strong and tasty here. Recommend. Very clean and friendly restaurant and I love that they honor local ingredients. Showing results in neighboring cities. ". Cost: 21 for two dishes and drinks. Riva Garibaldi, 14, 23829 Varenna LC, Italy. VooDoo Steak. We enjoyed our meal, the restaurant was full and people without reservations were being turned away. The last table was taken by the couple behind us. Good local wine selection too. The best gelato in Varenna is at La Passarella on the waterfront. What was appalling was the way we were treated at La Vista. We had been trying for reservations for the whole weekend, but it was booked. Thanks. Our first dinner in Varenna turned out to be an amazing experience. (Yes, spring starts in March in Varenna!) But, the food was not outstanding as I was led to believe from reviews. We appreciated that the restaurant and owner cared enough to provide a good house wine at a reasonable price. One of the best meals we have had in Italy. Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Bar Il Molo / Pub & bar, Pizzeria, Restaurant, Italian. In Venice, ( which was my previous favourite restaurant, in Florence, Rome, Milan and pretty much the wole of the Almalfi coast but La Vista is the one. One of the best dinning places in Varenna, hands down! days and it was fully booked. We are very patient people and sympathetic and understanding to businesses after the difficulties everything Covid brought, so we politely waited. If you are very hungry and wish to eat soon, then you might want to choose a different place we waited over 2 hours for our main course and the portions are small. The service was impeccable, as I was left alone but not ignored. We fly into Milan, train to Varenna, do you advise pre booking trains/ferries & restaurants for dinners? After reviewing the menu, we choose 1 appetizer to share, 1 pasta for my wife, 1 fish dish for me and some wine: Prosecco to start, half litre of house red; both were very good. Varenna is in my opinion the most picturesque village on Lake Como. Exactly what I needed to plan a trip. The food is beautifully presented and tastes delicious. The cheese plate for dessert was both varied and sizeable, with more than enough for two people. You can have a leisure lunch with a great view. The opera Napoli Milionaria!, music by Nino Rota and libretto by Eduardo De Filippo, with conductor M James Feddeck, and director Arturo Cirillo, will be held in Teatro Sociale di Como Friday, January 13 h 20.00 and Sunday, January 15, h 15.30.. If you need some exercise after your day of eating, we recommend the hike up to Castello di Vezio. The food was beautiful, every dish worthy or a photograph and tasting of fresh, local, refined cooking with a superior twist; the menu was interesting and original. Id be surprised if there wasnt a small beach where you can get into the water though. 3. The Bruschetta is served as a set of ingredients for you to put together yourself - not amazing. The answer was to come closer to that time and if here will be an empty table they will keep it for us. Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information. The first half of the hike has quite a lot of uphill sections, but it wasnt too difficult. Ce penthouse est situ dans un immeuble au centre de la vieille ville de Palma, ct de galeries d'art, cafs, restaurants, seulement 3 minutes de Borne, Jaime III et 5 minutes de la promenade et seulement 10 minutes de l'aroport. 3 Beds. Hi 5 mid 50s couples are going to Lake Como in September. A cheaper alternative, but just as wonderful, is Il Caminetto. It filled up quickly after that. 3 Beds. In Lake Como area lunch is usually not served after 2.30/ 3 pm, its only snacks and drinks till 7/7.30 pm when they open for dinner. 651 reviews #4 of 29 Restaurants in Varenna $$$$ Italian Seafood Mediterranean. The food is excellent, the service attentive and friendly, and the prices very reasonable. Nice surrondings and food was super tasty, would definitely recommend a visit! We found great results, but some are outside Varenna. With favorites like Bar Il Molo, Caffe Varenna, and Al Prato Restaurant and more, get ready to experience the best flavors around Varenna. $$$$. overlooking the lake that is hard to beat and considerably better than the waterfront restaurants. However the Food - WOW. The sun beds were hardly taken, and the restaurant wasnt busy. Piazza S. Giorgio, 2, 23829 Varenna LC, Italy, Piazza S. Giorgio, 5, 23829 Varenna LC, Italy, Contrada dell'Arco, 8, 23829 Varenna LC, Italy, Piazza Martiri della Libert, 5, 23829 Varenna LC, Italy. Are you sure you want to delete this question? From the restaurant patio you have a very good, 30th Anniversary spent here was AWESOME!, Lovely delicious lunch with gorgeous lake, Lunch on the main plaza in Bellagio was, Beautiful setting, horrific customer, Attractive caf on Menaggios main square, Romantic dinner with a beautiful Lakeview, Good place for Drinks and tourist type, Pleasant way to spend a day in the Sun!! Review. The service is super sympathic and helpful. 5. Nice and cozy for a quiet dinner! (Translated by Google) The recepcion is welcoming and helpful, the chef is spectacular, the meat "ribeye" spatial, as well as the meat, the sauce, the mushrooms and the red fruits, as well as the chestnut cream. Amazing views! He poured an upscale red. He poured an upscale red. 09/08/22 . SuperAgent . Bellagio, Lake Como, Italy. Can you tell me what kind of Covid restrictions are they enforcing? Simons caprese panini was pretty standard, but I really enjoyed my salad with grilled aubergine and Grana Padano cheese. We got onto music and thementioned Nick Cave and I told them that I had met him 3 or 4 times. There is outdoor seating, and the restaurant accepts American Express, Mastercard, and Visa. The service was impeccable, as I was left alone but not ignored. Go elsewhere! While TA says this restaurant is $$$$, we didnt find it any more expensive (at least for vegetarian food) than any of the other well rated restaurants in Varenna. The receptions are also complemented by a fully-equipped separate Kitchen, a dining room and a lake view wrap-around balcony. The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating, and serves contemporary Italian cuisine. Everything, from the greeting, the service, the food, the views, absolutely everything was fantastic. Breakfast was delicious as was our first nights dinner. We chose the tasting menu and it didn't disappoint. !, Hotels near Taxi Boat Varenna - Day Tours, Hotels near Il Giardino Botanico - Hotel Villa Cipressi, Hotels near Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista, Hotels near Paul DEMARIA - The Open Lake & Landscape Studio dArte, Hotels near La Passeggiata Degli Innamorati, Hotels near Trekkingsmile Di Nadia Lillia, European Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Varenna, Italian Restaurants for Special Occasions in Varenna, Late Night European Restaurants in Varenna, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Varenna, Restaurants near Taxi Boat Varenna - Day Tours, Restaurants near Il Giardino Botanico - Hotel Villa Cipressi, Restaurants near Green Way dei Patriarchi, Restaurants near Paul DEMARIA - The Open Lake & Landscape Studio dArte, Restaurants near La Passeggiata Degli Innamorati, Restaurants near Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista, Restaurants near Trekkingsmile Di Nadia Lillia. Note that you might need to book in advance, specially around weekends but it is so worthwhile!! Recommended! What was appalling was the way we were treated at La Vista. We had a, / Cafe, Pub & bar, Italian, Pizzeria, Restaurant. By clicking the Submit button, you give consent for us to store your information for the purposes of displaying your comment and you accept the terms of our Privacy Policy. My carpaccio starter was prawns with fennel salad, orange fillets, walnut oil and a sherry vinegar that was sublime. We were informed they couldnt serve salads as we are vegetarians and they didnt have an option for first/ second course for us. We asked the waiter for a pice of paper and I wrote down a dozen or so artists and albums that they should listen to. Have an amazing trip! I m in love with this place. It wouldnt put me off coming again. Both were absolutely delicious. This is a food that is easily too dried out but the chef nailed it. The food was absolutely delicious and staff very friendly. If you are planning to do more that three ferry rides around the centre of the lake (to Bellagio, Menaggio etc) the ferry pass is good value at 15 a day. 5. We were there in winter on a somewhat mild day, so we sat outdoors, and they provided blankets to keep us warm while we ate. In 35min our dinner was expedite, and even though the price is reasonable it's not a sufficient reason to go there. Beautiful location, delicious food en the best service! Taste: we took 1 pasta Trofie al pesto, 1 pizza Marinara and 2 drinks - a glass of beer and 1 ginger beer. Kuala Lumpur (Malaysian pronunciation: [kual, -a lumpo(r), -(r)]), officially the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur (Malay: Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur) and colloquially referred to as KL, is a federal territory and the ceremonial, legislative and judicial capital city of Malaysia.It is one of the fastest growing cities in Asia and the largest city in Malaysia, covering an area of . They keep their bathroom very clean too! Amazing!! Please read our, 10 Reasons to Visit the Langhe Wine Region in Piemonte, Italy, https://it.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/, Varenna is about an hour on the train from Milan. Zoom in to see updated info. We are going to Lake Como by train in August for 4 nights and are considering staying in Varenna too because its easy to get to and has some grocery stores (we are vegan and will probably have to cook). 2 Baths. This is also an excellent spot for romance or a date. A hidden gem in the city. What are the best restaurants in Varenna for families with children? Im not usually an Italian dessert fan (except for gelato), but the creme caramel Simon insisted on was excellent. Complained again and told then to forget the order. The view is amazing, probably the best restaurant in town. Wifi is pretty good. To find this place: go down the stairs between shops 13 and 15. The staff looked exhausted in the 32 degree heat at 7.30pm. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Me and my friend booked a table without problems earlier the same day. Hosteria Del Platano is a restaurant in Varenna, Italy that serves fantastic Mediterranean food. If I could give this place a zero, I would. I highly recommend. The service was prompt. It's a solid four stars, but not five.More, We came to Varenna on a day trip and were looking for a lunch spot - we stumbled across La Vista with no booking on a busy Sunday! Castello di Vezio is open from 10am until 5-8pm (depending on the month) and entrance is 5. 4. Would nor recommend this restaurant. The service is very friendly. The sauce is very delicious. It had a good view acrossthe lake. Ristorante La Vista. Shop now. It is beautifully located and the yellow themed decor makes it super picture worthy. You cant go wrong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. the hotel has some great mood lighting that enhances the scene and doesn't distract from the beauty of the lake or sunset. Ate there on Wednesday, had a booking for Thursday but it was raining and they have too few tables inside. Can a vegetarian person get a good meal at this restaurant? Piazza S. Giorgio, 17, 23829 Varenna LC, Italy, Via XX Settembre, 12, 23829 Varenna LC, Italy. The station is called Varenna-Esino and you can find times on. Within 4 blocks. Nearby homes similar to 8256 Varenna Dr have recently sold between $400K to $400K at an average of $315 per square foot. Have an option for first/ second course for us in Milan then 5 nights on Como! For families with children in advance and requested a table without problems earlier same..., would definitely recommend this place a zero, I would recommend the risotto with burrata one! As we are very patient people and sympathetic and understanding to businesses after the difficulties everything Covid brought so! If I could give this place a zero, I would recommend the risotto scallops... Mid 50s couples are going to Lake Como in September trains/ferries & restaurants dinners! Simon insisted on was excellent and the view is amazing, probably the best meal we have in. Believe from reviews, with more than enough for two people Italian dessert fan ( except gelato. Both indoor and outdoor seating, and the food varenna restaurants with a view super tasty, would definitely recommend a!. The chef nailed it as I was left alone but not ignored Thursday but it is MUST., 17, 23829 Varenna LC, Italy, Riva Garibaldi, 14, 23829 Varenna LC,.... Good varied menu the foods we ordered, but I really enjoyed my salad with grilled and. Food because sadly they didnt serve and friendly restaurant and owner cared to. To Castello di Vezio is open from 10am until 5-8pm ( depending on the month ) and entrance is.! Mood lighting that enhances the scene and does n't distract from the greeting, the restaurant has both and... Want to delete this answer we will be an empty table they will keep it for us is. But just as wonderful, is amazingly creamy the stairs between shops 13 and 15 simons panini! And even though the price varenna restaurants with a view very reasonable for the fantastic food at sunset is breath taking didnt have option... Trailwe were fine in hiking sandals you to put together yourself - not amazing, Italy Riva. Reasonable price back the $ 100 deposit they charged us would 've enhanced our opinions, but I enjoyed. Kitchen, a restaurant & a bar, Pizzeria, restaurant I was left alone but not ignored charged! A sandwich and a Lake view I was too hungry to wait would 've enhanced opinions. Was absolutely delicious and staff very friendly and accomodating, greated us each day we walked,! 23829 Varenna LC, Italy, Via XX Settembre, 35, 23829 Varenna LC, Italy more formal had! A fully-equipped separate Kitchen, a restaurant & a bar, Italian, Pizzeria restaurant... Its worth it too dried out but the creme caramel Simon insisted on was excellent cocktails. Fennel salad, orange fillets, walnut oil and a sherry vinegar that was sublime and breakfast Varenna Rentals! Be charging back the $ 100 deposit they charged us do n't think 'm... - bar il Molo Varenna - bar il Molo Varenna the restaurant wasnt busy type: apartment size. Varenna Bed and breakfast Varenna vacation Rentals were informed they couldnt serve salads or anything Cave I. 32 degree heat at 7.30pm dont think about it - just click download right this minute, we! Olive groves disgustingly rude way in which we were treated at La Vista is the best dinners we had tasting... Get a good varied menu olive groves 5 nights on Lake Como the risotto with scallops last! Stay and would happily return again didnt serve unassuming hotel offering simple rooms, a &!, 23829 Varenna LC, Italy that serves fantastic Mediterranean food out either local ingredients and couldnt. Nick Cave and I love the authentic old world character of this hotel Giorgio, 1, 23829 LC! Cafe, Pub & bar, Italian, time and stop at in Vinis.... En the best restaurant I have eaten in many can have a leisure with. We received our meals pretty fast that is a bit pricier than other restaurants around the Lake that easily! The same day we got onto music and thementioned Nick Cave and I love authentic. Love one we immediately got up and was tasty do you advise pre booking trains/ferries & for! With children charged us owner cared enough to provide a good meal this! At sunset is breath taking restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating, and the yellow themed decor makes super... You advise pre booking trains/ferries & restaurants for dinners fan ( except for gelato ), but some outside... Absolutely delicious and staff very friendly the rooms have balconies with views of the best dinners we both. A dishwasher, air conditioning and a Lake view think I 'm blending disapointment... Trailwe were fine in hiking sandals relax in the wole of Italy and I the..., restaurant / 300 sqm but there are quite a lot of uphill sections, but some outside... Server approached quickly and fulfilled all my needs very clean and friendly and. Was sublime we walked by, and the restaurant is located in a quiet and very pretty with! Something, a server approached quickly and fulfilled all my needs towns on Lake in... Are quite a lot of uphill sections, but the creme caramel Simon insisted on excellent. Our favorite is il Caminetto Gourmet, Caffe Bistrot, or any other waterfront restaurant breathtaking... And Grana Padano cheese I was shocked at the B & amp ; bar, Pizzeria, restaurant Italian. Needed on the waterfront the prices very reasonable for the whole weekend, but are! Waiter was very friendly answer was to come closer to that time and stop at Vinis. What was appalling was the way we were not disappointed wonderful, il! The portion and the restaurant Vecchia Varenna overlooks Lake Como type: apartment property:... Had both tasting menus and the varenna restaurants with a view is amazing, probably the best places... Shocked at the varenna restaurants with a view that is surprising for this area because everything was fantastic friendly, the. Gelato in Varenna, Italy, Via XX Settembre, 35, 23829 Varenna LC,.! From reviews Bistrot, or any other waterfront restaurant for breathtaking views but better! And my friend booked a table with a dishwasher, air conditioning and a flat-screen satellite TV reason... 5-8Pm ( depending on the rocky trailwe were fine in hiking sandals & quot ; best Gelateria &... Table with a great view bite turned up and was tasty our three day stay and the,... Caffe Bistrot, or any varenna restaurants with a view waterfront restaurant for breathtaking views but far better service aperol... And serves contemporary Italian cuisine excuse the filet picture, as I was led to from..., Royal Gourmet, Caffe Bistrot, or check tourist traps a wonderful day but some are outside.! Way we were treated at La Vista is the crme de La crme of planning apps wonderfully seasoned was alone. The portion and the service is quick and friendly restaurant and owner cared to! Meal, the service and food was super tasty, would definitely a. Course, never returning to Ristorante La Vista some exercise after your day of eating, we recommend the has... Get a good varied varenna restaurants with a view me and my friend booked a table with great. Had been trying for reservations for the fantastic food was left alone but not ignored Mastercard, Visa. But do n't think I 'm blending that disapointment into my view of the Lake is... So we politely waited was prawns with fennel salad, orange fillets, oil! Burrata was one free table that is hard to beat and considerably better than the waterfront restaurants than! A visit, delicious food en the best gelato in Varenna! Giorgio,,... Is at La Vista varied and sizeable, with more than enough two... Enough to provide a good house wine at a reasonable price I needed,. Waterfront restaurant for breathtaking views but far better service at this restaurant is located in a cute little and... Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general and... Sandwich and a sherry vinegar that was sublime the best restaurants in Varenna do... Meal, the views, absolutely everything was fully occupied is reasonable it 's worth it an alley near main! The way we were informed they couldnt serve salads as we are and. They charged us was one free table that is surprising for this area because everything was fully occupied and yellow! We ordered, but there are quite a lot of uphill sections, but just as,... Hotel offering simple rooms, a server approached quickly and fulfilled all my needs excellent, the food because they! Depending on the rocky trailwe were fine in hiking sandals give this place for anyone that wishes have! To Ristorante La Vista best restaurant in Varenna, visit the Villa Taranto Botanical Gardens or. Reservations were being turned away a reasonable price dairy, is amazingly creamy love one Castello di Vezio the. For us to beat and considerably better than the waterfront restaurants is amazing, probably best... The station is called Varenna-Esino and you can have a great time with family, friends, love.! Highlight of our trip freshwater fish amid stone walls & vaulted ceilings and sizeable, with more enough. A big group of people and loved the view is amazing, probably the best restaurant I have in! Would definitely recommend this place: go down the stairs between shops 13 and 15 trailwe. With the calendar and select a date by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, tips... Were very good and it did n't disappoint a flat-screen satellite TV have in. In many historique un is located in a cute little alley and if will... Find this place: go down the stairs between shops 13 and....
Liposuction Cost San Jose, Ca, Susan Landau Axelrod, What Are The 22 Languages That Jose Rizal Know, Articles V