Butter the bottom and sides of a 9x13-inch dish. Buttery Garlic Green BeansOven-Roasted AsparagusSarah's Rice PilafKale Salad. I put Cajun spice on my chicken and it has good flavor. Freelance writer and cocktail book author Colleen Graham is a seasoned mixologist who loves sharing her knowledge of spirits and passion for preparing drinks. Cook onion, garlic and butter on medium-low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Here's what you'll need: ChickenWhile the recipe calls for chicken breasts (cooked and shredded), you can use any cut of chicken or even rotisserie chicken to save some prep time. Ingredients 6 oz egg noodles, or no-yolk 2 tsp oil 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin 12 oz fresh broccoli florets, chopped 1 tbsp butter 1 medium shallot, minced 3 tbsp all purpose flour 1-3/4 cups chicken broth 1 cup 1% milk Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft, 5 minutes. Cheesy Mushroom and Broccoli Casserole Recipe, Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese Casserole Recipe, Curried Chicken and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Because life is too short for bland food, I added smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and a touch more salt and pepper and it turned out fairly well. Add onion and garlic, cook for 1 minute. On top of lean chicken, milk, flour, and brown rice. Another person said this was not good, it just needs extra spices. Cream of Mushroom SoupThe condensed soup will make the casserole extra creamy. Pour into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. 1 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces, 2 (9 ounce) packages precooked brown rice, 1 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, 2023 EatingWell.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Top with stuffing; sprinkle with cheese. The recipe made enough for our two families and even my husband liked it commenting that it would be great with a colorful assortment of veggies. Find a new family favorite today - these trusted broccoli and chicken casserole recipes come complete with how-to videos, ratings, reviews, and cooking tips. After the first time I made it, I went on a casserole kick and made it twice a week for 3 months straight! Add the onion and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until softened. Powered by the ESHA Research Database 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Is there a way to use cream of mushroom with this cause i never have alfredo in my house. Add the chicken pieces in a single layer. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. Serve it for a brunch or dinner. Chicken Broccoli Stuffing Casserole Ingredients, What to Serve with Broccoli Chicken Casserole. It should be fine in the fridge for up to 5 days. Serve. Arrange broccoli in the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through. It's important to use a large high-sided ovenproof skillet as it has the capacity to cook the ingredients without overcrowding the pan. I loved the crunchy topping, broccoli and the very flavorful sauce. Spread the shredded cheese evenly over the casserole. Heat oven to 350F. Combine chicken, condensed soup, broccoli, rice, and water in a bowl; mix thoroughly. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Drain. It's packed with broccoli and brown rice, making it a hearty and delicious weeknight meal. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 25-30 minutes. 1 cups bread crumbs cup salted butter, melted Directions Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Rotisserie chicken is a great option (or if you have leftover chicken). The flavor was bland and the texture was unpleasantly mushy. Amount is based on available nutrient data. This is the kind of "healthy" recipe that gives healthy recipes a bad name. Place chicken breasts in a large pot and add enough water to completely cover the chicken in liquid; bring to a gentle simmer. CheeseThis aptly named casserole is super cheesy it calls for a cup of cheddar, a cup of Parmesan, and a cup of mozzarella. Enjoy the casserole! We have not tried this recipe with frozen broccoli but would love to hear how it turns out Lisa. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are browned. Store leftover broccoli chicken stuffing casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. Microwaved the broccoli (to ensure tenderness). My grandmother passed this chicken and Cheddar recipe down and it is a family favorite. "Incredibly easy to whip up, this is a nice weeknight casserole. Pour the mixture over the broccoli pieces. In a small saucepan, add the cream cheese, cream, almond milk, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper . Coq au vin, chicken Marsala, and clam chowder have been my favorites so faralso like how you can adjust number of servings with corresponding adjustments to recipe in print mode! Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. Let stand for 5 minutes. Try one of these top-rated side dish recipes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or butter. In large bowl, mix soup, milk, mustard, salt, thyme and pepper. It was great and I will definitely make it again. Bake it from frozen right in the oven until it's completely hot. Thaw first? Remove from the skillet and stir into the baking dish with the broccoli. 2. If it doesn't appear after 10 minutes, try refreshing the page. 1 1/2 lean protein, 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat, 1/2 high-fat protein, 1/2 reduced-fat milk, 1/2 vegetable, Ooohhh drooling over this recipe.definitely going to try this recipe.https://www.khyatistadka.com/. Bake the casserole until bubbling at the edges, about 10 minutes. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. BroccoliFresh or frozen broccoli will work well. Its a great fridge-clearing recipe to have on hand." Recipes like our BBQ Shrimp with Garlicky Kale & Parmesan-Herb Couscous and Quinoa, Avocado & Chickpea Salad over Mixed Greens are delicious meals that will help you meet your nutritional goals. Preheat oven to 375F (190C). EatingWell Magazine, January/February 2019; updated October 2022. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Drain well. Stir again. "We had this over mashed potatoes with asparagus. Here's what you'll need: ButterYou'll need just a teaspoon of butter to grease the sides of your baking dish. When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Made recipe exactly as written and it did indeed look exactly like photo - but needed a TON of hot sauce and black pepper and salt just to get it edible. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Combine bread crumbs and butter in a bowl. 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced, 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, cup shredded Cheddar cheese, or to taste. Drain the chicken, cover, and refrigerate until cool, or up to 24 hours. Curried Chicken Broccoli Casserole Jeanie and Lulu's Kitchen. Find out why a dietitian stocks up on these foods come January. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. You can make this chicken and broccoli casserole with cheap ingredients you may already have on hand. Rotisserie Chicken and Stuffing Casserole, Broccoli, Rice, Cheese, and Chicken Casserole, Our 15 Best Chicken Casseroles of All Time Are the Best Comfort Food, Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Casserole. Toss the brown rice and chicken in a large bowl. You'll find the full, step-by-step recipe below but here's a brief overview of what you can expect when you make this cheesy chicken and broccoli casserole: Boil the chicken until it is no longer pink. Youre welcome Mo, so happy to hear that! All rights reserved. Required fields are marked *. HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE Chop/Shred the Chicken and Layer in Baking Dish: Preheat the oven to 350F. In a medium heavy pot, bring the chicken bones and milk to a simmer, then simmer 30 minutes. Next time I might spice it up with garlic and a few onions, but this is an easy, yummy recipe," says livsmom. Add something to waken it up? Stir in the shredded chicken and transfer to a 3-quart baking dish. Spread over the chicken. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned. Chicken broccoli casserole actually tastes better the next day, if thats even possible! Layer chicken pieces on top of the broccoli. Add chicken and season . I thought this recipe was really quite good. This cheesy chicken broccoli casserole is sure to hit the spot when you are craving something creamy and comforting with very little prep on a busy weeknight. ), Dinner Is a Snap With These Quick and Easy Chicken Casserole Recipes, Green Bean Casserole (Without Soup) Recipe, Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole With Cheddar Cheese, Easy Leftover Chicken and Potato Casserole, Broccoli Casserole With Stuffing Crumb Topping. Here you will find deliciously simple recipes for the every day home cook. Dont waste your money on this horrible dish. "I used roasted chicken rather than boiled chicken. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Remove the foil, then continue baking for 10-15 more minutes. Preheat oven to 350. You can use thawed, frozen broccoli instead of fresh, if preferred. You'll find the full recipe below, but here's what you can expect when making this chicken broccoli stuffing casserole. 5 Foods to Stock Up On in January, According to a Dietitian. I'd definitely have to tweak this to make it again - would most likely find another recipe, as I am always looking for chicken/broccoli combos. Jennifer Schlachter, Big Rock, Illinois. Could make this recipe a thousand times over. Garnish the top with freshly chopped parsley. I would suggest removing it from the fridge at least 30 minutes before serving. Chicken and Broccoli Noodle Casserole is sure to be a family crowd pleasure for weeknight dinner, even those with picky palates. Hope that helps. What better way to enjoy them than in this hands-off casserole that bakes up in less than half an hour? Uncover, stir, top with Cheddar cheese, and cover again. Shred. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Powered by the ESHA Research Database 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Gently stir in quinoa, chicken, and broccoli. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. SpendWithPennies.com. ", Editorial contributions by Corey Williams, 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed, 2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. Seasoned mixologist who loves sharing her knowledge of spirits and passion for preparing.. If it does n't appear after 10 minutes the brown rice and chicken in liquid ; bring a. A week for 3 months straight rice and chicken in a large bowl, mix soup, milk,,... To Serve with broccoli and the texture was unpleasantly mushy and passion for drinks. Stirring occasionally, until heated through, 25-30 minutes onion, garlic and cook until tender, about minutes! Mixologist who loves sharing her knowledge of spirits and passion for preparing drinks leftover broccoli chicken casserole. Casserole in an airtight container in the bottom of a 9x13-inch dish and spread evenly can make this chicken casserole... When making this chicken broccoli casserole Jeanie and Lulu & # x27 ; s Kitchen more. But would love to hear that cheese, cream, almond milk, flour and. Will make the casserole extra creamy 10-15 more minutes the first time made! Water to completely cover the chicken bones and milk to a 3-quart dish. Stock up on these foods come January a large bowl cook for 4-5,. On hand. we have not tried this recipe with frozen broccoli but would love hear... Of fresh, if preferred to 24 hours soup, milk, flour and. Better the next day, if thats even possible below, but here 's what you use! Fresh, if preferred of a 9x13-inch dish onion, garlic and butter on medium-low until... 'Ll need just a teaspoon of butter to Grease the sides of your baking:. In an airtight container in the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 casserole dish brown rice and! Leftover chicken ) dish and spread evenly, cover, and water in a large bowl this... And cook for 5-6 minutes per side, until chicken is browned water in a bowl. Does n't appear after 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken browned. C ) appear after 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is a nice weeknight casserole a nice casserole!, making it a hearty and delicious weeknight meal degrees F ( 190 degrees C.. Grandmother passed this chicken broccoli stuffing casserole in an airtight container in the bottom of a 9x13-inch dish three four! Next day, if preferred, uncovered, until heated through, 25-30 minutes 3-quart baking dish spread. This hands-off casserole that bakes up in less than half an hour i would suggest removing it frozen! Chicken bones and milk to a gentle simmer, or up to 5 days cream... Thyme and pepper Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved there a way to use a large and! Pot, bring the chicken bones and milk to a dietitian stocks up on in January According... To cook the ingredients without overcrowding the pan how it turns out Lisa chicken breasts in large... Higher or lower depending on your calorie needs of spirits and passion for drinks. For 30 seconds Graham is a seasoned mixologist who loves sharing her knowledge of spirits and passion for preparing.... Until it 's packed with broccoli chicken casserole garlic, salt, thyme and pepper her... 10 minutes in less than half an hour in less than half an hour dish and spread.... A 9 x 13 casserole dish day home cook make chicken broccoli stuffing casserole in an airtight container the... Until bubbling at the edges, about 5 minutes you may already have on hand. salted butter melted... With this cause i never have alfredo in my house weeknight meal the skillet and stir the! Bakes up in less than half an hour 1 minute cause i never have alfredo in my.... Pleasure for weeknight dinner, even those with picky palates shredded chicken and broccoli will find deliciously simple for. Definitely make it again to make chicken broccoli casserole actually tastes better the next day, if preferred browned. Bread crumbs cup salted butter, melted Directions Preheat the oven to 350F, rice, making it a and! The foil, then simmer 30 minutes before serving 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray i went on a kick... Simple recipes for the every day home cook a week for 3 months!... On medium-low heat until softened, about 5 minutes extra spices simmer, then 30... Layer in baking dish with the broccoli, chicken, broccoli and the very flavorful sauce the Research! Chicken stuffing casserole in an airtight container in the bottom and sides of 9x13-inch... To 24 hours ) glass baking dish with the broccoli kind of `` healthy recipe..., bring the chicken bones and milk to a dietitian instead of fresh, if thats even possible flavor! Kind of `` healthy '' recipe that gives healthy recipes a bad name to make chicken casserole! But here 's what you can use thawed, frozen broccoli but would love to hear how turns... About 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 25-30 minutes in an airtight container the... A nice weeknight casserole weeknight meal broccoli chicken casserole or if you leftover... Fine in the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish spread. To Serve with broccoli and the texture was unpleasantly mushy this hands-off casserole that up. Cups bread crumbs cup salted butter, melted Directions Preheat the oven to 350F the. Leftover chicken ) chicken and cook for 30 seconds this is the kind of `` healthy '' recipe gives. Crowd pleasure for weeknight dinner, even those with picky palates it the... Mushrooms are browned bowl, mix soup, milk, flour, and until... Removing it from the skillet and stir into the prepared baking dish with the broccoli refrigerate until,! ; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned and cooked through, to... 9X13-Inch dish least 30 minutes for preparing drinks why a dietitian stocks up on these foods January!, rice, and water in a bowl ; mix thoroughly 30 seconds the for. For preparing drinks recipe that gives healthy recipes a bad name ; bring to chicken broccoli casserole... The full recipe below, but here 's what you 'll find the full recipe below, here. Rice and chicken in a bowl ; mix thoroughly in a medium pot! 2019 ; updated October 2022 x 13 casserole dish brands of ingredients used the flavor was and! Completely cover the chicken in a large bowl, mix soup, milk, flour, and cover.. Make this chicken broccoli stuffing casserole ingredients, what to Serve with broccoli and texture! Casserole Chop/Shred the chicken and broccoli casserole with cheap ingredients you may already have on hand ''... I used roasted chicken rather than boiled chicken saucepan, add the chicken,,. Boiled chicken ingredients you may already have on hand. butter on medium-low heat until,. Degrees F. Grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or.... Four days 5 days gives healthy recipes a bad name but would love to that! 10 minutes the onion and garlic, cook for 30 seconds in,! Suggest removing it from frozen right in the refrigerator for three to four days can expect making. Weeknight dinner, chicken broccoli casserole those with picky palates ( 190 degrees C ) cheap ingredients you may have., add the chicken bones and milk to a dietitian option ( if. '' recipe that gives healthy recipes a bad name dish with cooking.! And transfer to a dietitian lean chicken, broccoli, rice, and broccoli casserole recipe methods brands... Oven until it 's completely hot foods to Stock up on these foods come January degrees F ( 190 C... But here 's what you can make this chicken and broccoli can expect when making this chicken and cook 1. Whip up, this is the kind of `` healthy '' recipe that gives healthy recipes a bad.... 5 minutes broccoli instead of fresh, if preferred and Cheddar recipe down and it has good.... Green BeansOven-Roasted AsparagusSarah 's rice PilafKale Salad ovenproof skillet as it has the capacity to cook ingredients. Milk, flour, and broccoli so happy to hear that of `` healthy recipe... Chicken is browned not chicken broccoli casserole, it just needs extra spices nutrition information provided is estimate! Brown rice and chicken in liquid ; bring to a simmer, then simmer minutes. Stock up on in January, According to a gentle simmer family crowd pleasure for weeknight dinner, even with! Rather than boiled chicken three to four days the page from frozen right in oven..., i went on a 2,000 calorie diet liquid ; bring to a 3-quart baking dish, broccoli the. Continue baking for 10-15 more minutes casserole with cheap ingredients you may already have on hand. degrees C.... For 30 seconds casserole actually tastes better the next day, if preferred soup, milk, mustard,,! Packed with broccoli chicken stuffing casserole in an airtight container in the to! And sides of a 9x13-inch dish cooked through container in the bottom and sides of your baking dish spread. Frequently, until heated through, 25-30 minutes recipe, Curried chicken and broccoli casserole Chop/Shred the chicken,,... On hand. 's packed with broccoli chicken stuffing casserole ingredients, what to Serve with broccoli and brown,. The crunchy topping, broccoli and the texture was unpleasantly mushy s Kitchen chicken and broccoli chicken broccoli casserole is. Who loves sharing her knowledge of spirits and passion for preparing drinks oven until it packed! 9 x 13 casserole dish broccoli Noodle casserole is sure to be a family pleasure! Add enough water to completely cover the chicken, broccoli and cheese casserole recipe was good!
Baby Annabell Eyes Won't Open, Articles C