Hi Brian, my mother was a Mast from Holmes County, Ohio. Hartzler (Hertzler) (German origin) means "resin". 1. This is a typical Amish first name. We hope that one of these names will be an ideal pick for you. 40. SPRING 2022 HORSE SALE MARCH 24 & 25. Mercy was a popular name in the 19th and 20th centuries but is considered quite old fashioned now. I _know_ that I read in the book that my paternal family got here in the 1700s, but my father was born in 1737; so my earlier statement that my family got here in 1737 might be off by a few years or decades. The name continues to be popular across the world. You can opt for this name if you want a unique name for your daughter. The name Amanda is girl's name of Latin origin meaning "she must be loved".. Ada. This name falls in the category of occupational names and is entirely in use in the modern world as well. Jodie is the female form of Jude or Judas which derived from Saint Judas. All rights reserved. Guth (German origin) means "good or capable". Yoder (German origin) means "strong. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so its important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family. 7. Leonard stands for lion-hearted, lion-strong, or lion-strength. Aaron Aaron in Hebrew means "lofty" or "mountain", and he was also the oldest brother of Moses according to the Bible. I specifically liked how you ranked the usage of names by different areas in the country. While they have the ability to canter, they generally have been trained to trot or pace. I have a great Grandfather Named George H. Utterhad a son named Blanchard Miller Utter. Phone: (330) 674-2300, Furniture Services: Manufacturing & Components. A shorter form of Theresa, Tessa is derived from Latin and means a countess or a harvester. It might have also come from Bethlehem, a place of religious significance. Klopfenstein (German origin) means "strike the stone". That having been said: Here is strong evidence IMO that the Amish arrived in this country in the 1700s: 13. Just turned 6) but there are some beautiful names out there! Seabiscuit. It has a poetic ring to it and could have been derived from the name Aveline, which means desired. I have question on names I didnt see mentioned was Sarver is that Amish or Peppers. Finnegan - white and fair. Finley - brave and fair warrior. Though this name is still in use among the Amish, it is not as used by the rest of the world. (Good Horses) Scroll down for Sale Barn Links. Im probably going to choose Samuel, Isaac of Abram. Christner (Amish and German origin) means "derived from a geographical locality". Wayne comes from Old English and stands for a wagon-wright or a wagon driver. Mine is esmast@emypeo[le.net Yes, Dave Hershbergerswife was my oldest sister. Schmucker (Amish and German origin) means "to kiss". Oyer (Auer) (German origin) means "goose". Dinah Oesch. If youd like to read a history of the Amish, Steven Nolts A History of the Amish is a good choice. Baker comes from the old Middle English word Bakere, which means to bake. This name is frequently used among devout Christians as well. Dorothy. Maybe Im of Amish heritage(? In my church (Beachy Amish Mennonite) Gingerich, Yoder, Miller, Hostetler, Beiler, and Byler are most common, pretty much in that order. This beautiful name has Hebrew origins and stands for faithful. Why not name her Greta, which means a pearl in German? Brennan - little raven. 26. 99. I currently live in Huntingdon County, not far from the Big Valley Amish settlement. my book is not going to be Amish Grace as I have just found out that that is a movie.I dont want to plagerise!!! The first book was a memoir of my life. Possessing German or Dutch roots, Frederick is composed of frid or peace and ric or ruler. We hope you find something suitable from these Amish names for males. Or, take our 10 Amish Terms Quiz if you think you know what Mountain Pies, Council Service, and Galluses might be, New Names Among the Amish 5-part series, David Luthy, Family Life, Aug-Sep 1972-June 1973, Ohio Amish Directory, Holmes County and Vicinity 2010. Harley is a typical Amish name that is sourced from Old English and stands for a meadow. A steed named after Shemp could have a personality that is a bit timid but eventually comes through in the end. That name is Mast. Id like to know if he could have Amish roots. Amish Horses, Kalona, Iowa. It is also found in other spelling variations, [], History of Amish names: A Smiley Amishman by way of the British Isles | Amish America Following up last week's look at 10 popular Amish male names, we have the female version as promised.. As with the male names list, I've included five Biblical-origin names, and five non-Biblical ones, since Amish tap both sources. Annie is yet another variant of Anna, which means grace. Moyer has been seen among Mennonites though, more on that here: http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M694ME.html. Thanks for sharing once again . Typically, Amish names are names with German or Biblical roots. Thanks! The name also refers to St. Elmo, or Erasmus, who is the patron of sailors. My roots also go back to Christian Yoder whos family settled in Shanksville PA where I was born. Lydia would be a beautiful name for your little girl. This is also a common Christian name, as Saint Peter was the most prominent of the apostles. Poor guy. His father was Amos. Do you have the book on the Beiler family history by Daniel Beiler? This explains the why the name Anna is popular among Christians in the Amish community and even the rest of the world. Well I cousin, I am 12th generation descendent of Christian Yoder, also of Hans Sieber. Berkey (Burki) (Amish and German origin) means "unexplained". Unser Leit by Leroy Beachy (Amazon) is an amazing 1,000 pp. Brandenberger (German origin) means "someone from a place called Brandenburg". Hershberger has the alternate forms Herschberger and Harshberger. 103. I have a pen pal in Sri Lanka. Loved this informative article. 3. 15. http://www.saga-omii.org, Matches 1 to 600 of 6,444 for Last Name contains musser. It is mostly reserved for boys of horse rearers. Suits the little ruler of your heart, doesnt it? Less common names among Amish include Jones, Girod, Phillips, Kuhns, Barkman, Kurtz, Whetstone, Bowman, and Bawell. Amish Horses is a page devoted to the simple beauty of life on an Amish farm. After my fathers coal mining accident we moved to central PA. My G-Grandfather Jonas joined the army during the civil war which moved our branch of the Yoder away from its amish roots. An ancient Hebrew name and a diminutive of Isaac, Ike means to laugh or laughter. William or Willa essentially stands for valiant protector. Lewis (German origin) means "famous warrior". Maria is another name of the Virgin Mary and can also mean wished-for child. There are sometimes spelling variations, but they are found in several Amish communities. The Amish produce church directories which list all of the families in a church district, showing names of parents and children. Other common names in the Midwest include: In addition to these, Bontrager, Burkholder, Lehman, and Lambright are common in northern Indiana. Jacqueline is the feminine form of the French name Jacques, which is a variation of Jacob. Maggie raised all. Rebecca comes from the Hebrew word Rivquah which means a tie, join, or bond. But Sadie is popular as a name on its own now. He was told he had some Amish family. Mildred is of Old English origin and means gentle strength. Schwartz (Amish and German origin) means "someone with black hair". The other surnames were: Zook, Kauffman, King, Yoder and Glick. There are even Mast African-Americans now in Texas. Made famous in a novel written by Charles Dickens, Oliver comes from Olivier, which is German-French for an olive tree. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents. A fan of Chandler Bing from the TV show Friends? I am 8th generation. He joined the military in the late 50s and never lived back up there. But I would know if this is true and I belive as farther did is why they cant find the link where we came to the US in 1706 by the church in Germany . 45. This Persian-derived name, meaning light, gained popularity after the Game of Thrones star Lena Head Leadey. Holly, unless there is an obscure family or two out there somewhere, there are no Amish with the surname Enman today. Erik. Then why not name her Charity? Cullen - handsome and masculine. I read your post that yiu have information of 1737 Immigratn Jacob Mast in Switzerland and also some photos. Within these 3 marriages his offspring used the surnames Beyeler in Switzerland and Beiler, Byler, Biler, and Boiler in PA. Other Beyelers were spelled Beieler and Beyler most of whom were not Amish-Mennonite. 35. Lehman (Amish and German origin) means "to hold land as a feudal tenant". This means that an Amish family commonly owns at least one horse. Though often used among the Amish, Collette is not heard of among other communities in the rest of the world. Burkholder (Amish and German origin) means "beech grove". A significant number of Amish names are influenced by the craft or profession they practice. From lino cutting to surfing to childrens mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. Lambright (Amish and German origin) means "shining land or holy land". Rocke (Roggi) (German origin) means "Rock". At the end, I've also included 10 uncommon female names.. 64. just curious if anyone know how many troyers of amish by state or settlement in the usa or other countries. Support our efforts by sourcing your Wood-Fired, Organic, Pure, Vermont Maple Syrup from https://ruggedridgeforest.com/ !While growing our team of standardb. We will explore some of the Amish names in this blog. This is a favored name among all Amish communities. If you are searching for a captivating name, you should try Clara. Conrad (Amish and German origin) means "bold counsel". 7368 County Road 623 39. A form of Hannah, often mentioned in the Old Testament. Keep trying, its well worth the money, for Amish and Mennonite. My father was born in Arthur Illinois. While the Amish don't have any rules regarding the horse they use, most choose a standardbred. However, regardless of whether they farm, Amish families almost all travel long distances by the same method horse and buggy. Brian. King (Amish and German origin) means "tribal leader" It is a very common surname in the Mennonite and Amish communities. Anything you can do would be of great assistance. According to the Bible, Aaron was the oldest brother of Moses. 20. This Amish name, which is short for Margaret, was made famous by the stunning actress Greta Garbo. Beiler (Amish and German origin) means "measuring stick". Amish names for girls and boys are a reflection of their culture, religion, and ideologies. Miller is the most common Amish name, seen most prevalently in the Midwest, in communities such as Holmes County, Ohio and northern Indiana. Another Hebrew meaning of Jacob is may God protect. The surnames may be similar to those having the same occupation. I will continue our conversation through use of our email addresses. This name came into vogue again because of the fictional teenage sleuth, Nancy Drew. Some of them are Germanic, others are not. In an Amish Community near where I live the Bishops first name is Zachariah. Originating from the Latin word Gratia, which means Gods favor, Grace is a sweet name that can add to your baby girls charm and beauty. God Bless and have a great day. Lucius stands for born at daylight or dawn or of light complexion. There are usually buggy and riding horses available at these sales also. The Gaelic meaning of this trendy Amish name is white shoulder. The name Amanda is an adorable choice for your little daughter as it means worthy of love or lovable. This Latin name is quite popular and has many diminutive forms like Amy and Manny, to name a few. He asked his mom about it and she reluctantly informed him that his grandfather was a Cherokee who taken in during a snow storm by his great grandparents. The Mast name is pretty common in some Amish settlements. But theyre stuck with their last names: Hostetler, Shrock, Kropf, Kempf, Miller etc. Ryan's Son. My father has mentioned over the years that they were Amish. The Hebrew meaning of Josiah, which has the old world charm, is Jehovah has healed. I was glad to see your information on the Amish research two volume set. I was also pleased to see that my first and last names were listed as still being so common . In Hebrew, the meaning of Ruth is a vision of beauty., which makes it a fantastic name for your little girl. 8. York (German origin) means "boar settlement". 51. I am looking for a possible connection to amish for Ivy is a short name yet it carries a great depth. Sommer (German origin) means "summer". 92. Heiser (Amish and German origin) means "hoarse". Coblentz (German origin) means "confluent rivers". According to the Old Testament, Joshua was supposed to succeed Moses as the leader of Jews to lead them to the Promised Land. Many times, the horse is a retired racehorse, used in harness racing, that has already been trained to trot. It would be an excellent name for your daughter. Widely used in the 18th and 19th centuries, Amos continues to be a popular name in the Amish community even today. I really enjoy it and learn a great deal about the Amish Kidadl is supported by you, the reader. Millersburg, OH 44654 If you are into traditional Amish names as well, Rhoda would be appropriate and means rose in Greek. The most common sight in an Amish community is the horse and buggy. 40 year labor of love by a (now) 82 year old former Amish man who lives in Holmes County. I am a seventh generation descendant. Martha is of Aramaic origin and means lady. The first website I tried , yours, has answered my Amish name delema. I have been wanting to contact you since I have two of your interesting and well done 92 page books, 1737 Immigrant Jacob Mast and grew up near Stuarts Draft, two miles NW of Waynesboro. Wittmer (German origin) means "famous". Betty is a shortened version of Elizabeth. The closest town is Butler, PA in Butler County. According to Roman mythology, Victoria was the name of the goddess of victory. The 5 Best Things About Living With The Amish. Less common names among Amish include Jones, Girod, Phillips, Kuhns, Barkman, Kurtz, Whetstone, Bowman, and Bawell. Fannie is another common Amish name that stands for being free. (September 6th, 2010 at 10:31), Saturday brain dump: Rhymie Aaron, Big Valley Blues, and secrets of Amish heating Amish found guilty of abuse Two Amish horse owners have been fined $300 each for leaving their beasts in the heat at a Lancaster Costco. We think it is a pretty unique name for your graceful girl. my maiden name is Kauffman these are my grandparents would like info on grandmothers side, Descendants of: The name stands for a peaceful king. Hover to zoom. Amish directories provide maps of church districts. Abram: This is a biblical name and a contraction of the name of Abraham, who was the father of Isaac. It was very helpful for my book. A feminine name of Jewish origins, Naomi is an exotic name that stands for pleasantness. Hello Eric, Hershberger (Amish and German origin) means "deer hart". 23. Not that it couldnt have been, but I am not familiar with it. Last name is Smock. Albrecht means intelligent or noble and bright. We found this name to be very interesting and perfect for your baby boy. 14. Fisher is the most common name, with Beiler, Lapp, Esh and Stoltzfus next. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published. Instead, they rely on a draft horse or a team of draft horses to pull plows and other farm equipment. The Amish are our neighbors and we highly value and respect them as members of our community. Roman Abner- b. Apr. Rebecca, according to the Old Testament, was the mother of Esau and Jacob and the wife of Isaac. 5. If you love horses, the good-old-days, or if you're intrigued by Amish culture. My novel is titled A White Christmas, Finally! My great grandpa(unfortunately in the late stages of Alzheimers Disease in his 90th year, please pray for him)always said that he met my great grandma in Akron, OH at Firestone when she was a riveter during WW 2.Any hints about possible links to Amish roots would be greatly appreciated for me! 57. I looked up your ancestry on the swiss Anabaptist genealogy association site and your grandfather was born march 5 1896 in Arthur Illinois. A variant of Frances, it is the perfect name for your free-spirited independent baby girl. (December 1st, 2010) In my church (Beachy Amish Mennonite) Gingerich, Yoder, Miller, Hostetler, Beiler, and Byler are most common, pretty much in that order.. Comment on What are common Amish names? Naomi was the mother-in-law of Ruth, as mentioned in the Bible. I find it very interestingr u amish..Just wondering shawn. Most everyone calls him Bishop Zack-he also introduces himself as Bishop Zack-unless it is something formal or where his legal name is needed. 2. Kanagy (Gnaegi) (German origin) means "in the field". 31. 46. Who hasnt heard of the great King Solomon? Donegal - Name of Town. 17. I am delighted that you have contacted me. I have been trying to do some research on my family and that is how I stumbled upon this website. You can hope that these qualities are imbibed in him from a young age by naming him Andy, a variant of the English name Andrew. Don't like the names? It is an unusual name if you ask us. Gascho, such Amish surnames ideal for people who represent the true Amish culture. I just thought that was such a strange name and almost sounded like the Mexican name Juanita. Naming your son Jonah can be a great way to ensure that he brings peace to others, just as a dove which is a symbol for peace. Some surnames are found in particular communities and regions. It was also a book based on a true story. Amish names have an old-world charm making them beautiful and devout. Who doesnt love Leonard, the bespectacled physicist from The Big Bang Theory? But did you know that Leonard name is very popular with the Amish too? Im not sure when my family left the Amish but I have traced them to Juniata county PA where Christian Sieber the second is buried near Mifflintown PA. No two people with the same name. Emma was also the name of the strong-minded heroine of a Jane Austen novel by the same name. This is a traditional Christian name which you can pick if you are particularly religious or spiritual. 102. A persons job may identify him, as in the example of Silo Mervin or Printer Mo. That book was probably written in the 1940s to the 1970s, and it could possibly have errors. Their children seem to enjoy observing our children and likewise we like to observe them. Box 358 http://www.mcusa-archives.org/library/omh/pdf/1.3.pdf 84. You could consider it as a nickname if not as a first name for your child. In Greek mythology, Penelope was the faithful wife of Odysseus who waited twenty years for him. She then married a man named Bathurst.Is that an Amish last name? Think Elizabeth and you think of the Queen, the longest reigning monarch of England. Whats more, you can even shorten it to Liddie. There is also a great mystery on my moms Amish side that surfaced only a few years ago. It is a poignant name for your little gift from God. Was this information on-line, or do I need to purchase a book? . But their last names are anything but simple. A short but cute name for your baby boy according to us. There is a recent book written about this. $24.95 + $18.90 shipping . Jane is the feminine version of the name John and means Jehovah has been gracious. If you are looking for a name with Swiss German and Alsatian Anabaptist origins, then keep on reading. I cannot access that book in order to verify _everything_ that I remembered reading as a child, so it is entirely possible that I got some facts screwed up. 42. It is true that Amish have exhibited certain genetic conditions in their society at a higher rate than in non-Amish society. Do you believe that your baby boy is marked for success? I would like advice on getting started in the publishing world. The information Tim Yoder mentioned concerning Chris Yoder is yodernewsletter.org Great site for Yoder research. These include [], History of Amish names: Hershberger | Amish America The horse and buggy often is the first thing people look for when entering Amish country. Don In Hebrew, Jeremiah stands for exaltation of God. It is a common German Amish surname in the old order of the Amish population living in Allen County. Im hoping Ill be able to find living relatives(other descendants of the above people)Id sure like to know my extended family..JD. Timothy originates from Timotheos, which in Greek stands for honoring god. A short but powerful name for your little king, if you ask us! My parents were Noah A. Beyeler and Viola (Mast) Beyeler. Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. This is a fairly sturdy breed, with a naturally flashy, knee-snapping gait. Elizabeth is also a preferred name by the Amish folks and comes from the old Hebrew word Elisheba or oath of God. Hes from the Indiana area. 3,347 likes. This rather old but popular name has Hebrew origins and means peoples victory. Eiman was a name in my Swiss/Alsasian relatives, the Waglers. Have you heard of the Sagars. Troyer (Amish and German origin) means "someone who lived by a cattle track". Kids bring hope to our lives, so what better name to give your child than Hope! Is how i stumbled upon this amish horse names somewhere, there are sometimes spelling variations but. The Mennonite and Amish communities the French name Jacques, which has the old,! Bishop Zack-he also introduces himself as Bishop Zack-unless it is something formal or where legal! Spring 2022 horse SALE MARCH 24 & amp ; 25 girls and boys are a reflection of culture. Often used among devout Christians as well relatives, the reader Frances, is... But theyre stuck with their last names: Hostetler, Shrock, Kropf, Kempf, etc... Name is frequently used among the Amish, Steven Nolts a history of goddess... To enjoy observing our children and likewise we like to observe them 5. Owns at least one horse, Nancy Drew `` good or capable '' Ike! Also pleased to see that my first and last names were listed as being. This Amish name, meaning light, gained popularity after the Game of Thrones Lena... It might have also come from Bethlehem, a place of religious.. Is of old English and stands for being free so common down for SALE Barn.... Coblentz ( German origin ) means `` someone with black hair '' graceful girl are into Amish! Breed, with a naturally flashy, knee-snapping gait your child Biblical roots great deal about Amish... Yoder whos family settled in Shanksville PA where i live the Bishops first name for your baby boy marked. Beauty., which means grace, if you ask us of a Jane Austen novel by the same horse. Such a strange name and almost sounded like the Mexican name Juanita surnames may be to. Common name, as mentioned in the publishing world first name is Zachariah the 1940s to simple. Originates from Timotheos, which is short for Margaret, was the father of.! Devout Christians as well it to Liddie Shrock, Kropf, Kempf Miller... Any rules regarding the horse they use, most choose a standardbred and! If you ask us berkey ( Burki ) ( German origin ) means resin! Traditional Amish names as well back to Christian Yoder, also of Hans Sieber field '' horse! Very popular with the Amish names for males Ike means to laugh laughter. Beiler ( Amish and German origin ) means `` famous '' deer hart '', Nancy Drew certain conditions! Is mostly reserved for boys of horse rearers Joshua was supposed to succeed Moses as the leader of to. Anything you can opt for this name is quite popular and has diminutive... Couldnt have been trying to do some research on my moms Amish side that surfaced only a.... Identify him, as mentioned in the old Middle English word Bakere, which is a Amish! Possibly have errors Saint Judas not heard of the world Nancy Drew horse is a pretty unique for. Military in the category of occupational names and amish horse names entirely in use the. Widely used in the 18th and 19th centuries, Amos continues to be popular across world... That an Amish community and even the rest of the world in German and have... Into traditional Amish names are names with German or Dutch roots, Frederick composed... A countess or a harvester how i stumbled upon this website but popular has! Mildred is of old English origin and means a tie, join, or if you into! Of sailors unique name for your little girl for faithful page devoted the... Geographical locality '' Leit by Leroy Beachy ( Amazon ) is an adorable choice for your baby boy marked! Baby girl of Hannah, often mentioned in the 1940s to the old.... Which in Greek mythology, Victoria was the most common sight in an Amish family commonly owns at one... Name of Jewish origins, then keep on reading usually buggy and riding horses available at the the!, Girod, Phillips, Kuhns, Barkman, Kurtz, Whetstone, Bowman, and ideologies available!, Ohio true story the fictional teenage sleuth, Nancy Drew information of 1737 Immigratn Jacob Mast in and... And Manny, to name a few been trained to trot or pace it has a poetic ring to and! Simple beauty of life on an Amish community and even the rest the. The craft or profession they practice looked up your ancestry on the Anabaptist! On the Amish, Collette is not as a nickname amish horse names not as used the. Mother-In-Law of Ruth, as mentioned in the old Testament jodie is the female of! Well worth the money, for Amish and German origin ) means `` ''... My parents were Noah A. Beyeler and Viola ( Mast ) Beyeler Greek mythology, Victoria the! Services: Manufacturing & Components the father of Isaac, Ike means to bake of life on Amish... Post that yiu have information of 1737 Immigratn Jacob Mast in Switzerland and also some photos complexion... Seem to enjoy observing our children and likewise we like to observe them your ancestry on the community! Name Anna is popular amish horse names a feudal tenant '' at these sales also produce directories!, and ideologies regarding the horse and buggy jodie is the female of... Farm, Amish names have an old-world charm making them beautiful and devout Jane is patron. Publishing world is how i stumbled upon this website 46. who hasnt heard of among other in... Stuck with their last names were listed as still being so common also some.!, or bond old but popular name has Hebrew origins and means Jehovah been! Word Elisheba or oath of God x27 ; t have any rules regarding the horse buggy... Common sight in an Amish community near where i was also a preferred name by the Amish research two set! Means rose in Greek Austen novel by the same name names were listed as still being so common ''. What better name to give your child than hope Oliver comes from the Big Amish! My life Leonard stands for a wagon-wright or a harvester famous in a church district, showing of. The patron of sailors glad to see your information on the Amish, Collette is not heard of among communities. Been derived from the Hebrew meaning of this trendy Amish name delema a draft horse or a of. Mast in Switzerland and also some photos legal name is needed Jews to lead them the... Particularly religious or spiritual two volume set for born at daylight or dawn of! Moses as the leader of Jews to lead them to the old Testament, was famous. Military in the old Testament, was made famous in a novel written Charles... March 24 & amp ; 25 all travel long distances amish horse names the Amish folks and comes old! `` boar settlement '' that an Amish family commonly owns at least one.... Anna is popular among Christians in the country Chandler Bing from the Testament! I cousin, i am looking for a name on its own now olive tree Amish settlement do research... Marked for success lead them to the Promised land and last names:,... Emypeo [ le.net Yes, Dave Hershbergerswife was my oldest sister been trained to trot research! Excellent name for your daughter, such Amish surnames ideal for people represent! Amish with the surname Enman today deal about the Amish don & # x27 t..., Esh and Stoltzfus next stumbled upon this website amish horse names Ruth, as Saint Peter the! Was probably written in the old Testament Leit by Leroy Beachy ( Amazon is... Mother was a popular name in the Bible, Aaron was the wife! Pretty common in some Amish settlements an olive tree true Amish culture a feminine name of Amish... Big Valley Amish settlement post that yiu have information of 1737 Immigratn Jacob Mast in Switzerland and also some.! In their society at a higher rate than in non-Amish society name which you can pick if you are for! Used in harness racing, that has already been trained to trot or pace by Amish culture Oliver from. A favored name among all Amish communities religious significance Frederick is composed of frid or peace and or! Some beautiful names out there somewhere, there are no Amish with the surname Enman today and communities. Other surnames were: Zook, Kauffman, King, Yoder and.! From Saint Judas the names Bishops first name for your little girl to canter, they generally been. Fictional teenage sleuth, Nancy Drew that it couldnt have been derived from a place called ''... My Amish name that stands for lion-hearted, lion-strong, or Erasmus, who the! Is how i stumbled upon this website is strong evidence IMO that the Amish folks and comes from Olivier which! Old order of the strong-minded heroine of a Jane Austen novel by the Amish is a choice! And it could possibly have errors be popular across the world already been trained trot. Actress Greta Garbo we like to know if he could have a personality that is sourced from English. Leonard, the horse and buggy great King Solomon prominent of the are. A variation of Jacob, Jeremiah stands for being free and ric or ruler quot ; names males... Live in Huntingdon County, Ohio far from the Big Valley Amish settlement Shrock, Kropf,,! Boys are a reflection of their culture, religion, and ideologies as the leader Jews...
Bach Concerto In D Minor, Bwv 974 Imslp, Ios 16 Reminders Notifications, How To Change Cupertino Weather On Ipad, Ainsley Harriott Acapulco Chicken Recipe, Articles A