Alonzo Brooks was 23 years old when he went missing after attending a party. One such rumor was that a white girl at the party had been flirting with Alonzo. Less than 24 hours later, Maria tried to file a missing persons report on her son in La Cygne, Kansas, about an hour away from their . We knew that Alonzo Brooks died under very suspicious circumstances, said Acting U.S. Attorney Duston Slinkard. And, I'm confident that we're going to get there. You can leave an anonymous tip about the incident with the Crimestoppers tips hotline. It's a murder mystery that has remained unsolved for 18 years. Like, finally, like, you hear us." There were about 50-60 people there and Alonzo only knew 5 or 6 of them from Gardner. The family finally knows there's progress toward finding answers and justice for the forever young Brooks. That was the last time she'd see her son alive. At this point, theyre all close to 40 years old or more, and maybe their consciences are weighing on them, making it hard to sleep at night. The 23-year-old was last seen alive in April 2004 during a party at a farmhouse on the outskirts of La Cygne. . After the initial report came out which stated that Alonzos cause and manner of death was ruled undetermined rumors took off both locally and online. From the beginning of his case, rumors swirled that Brooks was a victim of foul play. Alonzos family held hands as they gave a press conference, while his body was transported for exam. Email Email. Both Ramirez and English say that Sprague's story was never the same through years of interviewswith law enforcement. Looks to me like he was tortured and killed and they concealed the body in the freezer till they could just dump it. While searches were being conducted, the KBI also conducted hundreds of interviews with party goers and Alonzos friends. Alonzo's 3 sisters and brother describe him as a "kind, sweet, a little shy but playful kid" who was loving and fun. I believe the investigation didn't really go anywhere because the police were covering up for someone, probably their own kids. As a whole, Netflix'sUnsolved Mysteriesdid its duty in reporting the crime succinctly and accurately, but as is always the case with documentaries, some content was left out either due to time constraints, for the sake of clarity, or in order to present a narrative. "No Ride Home," directed by Michael A. Clarke, made a solid attempt to talk about Alonzo's character. TOLD OF ALONSO BROOKS EVEN ONES FROM HIS NIECES AND NEPHEWS. So according to the people, it was the Boone's brothers who did it. It's been a mystery for 11 years, 55-year-old JoAnn Matouk Romain found dead in the Detroit River 70 days after disappearing following a church service she attended in Grosse Pointe Farms. It wasnt until a month later, after a group of his family and friends organized their own search, that his body was found on top of a pile of brush and branches in the creek, according to the FBI. FBI exhumes body of Alonzo Brooks, whose case was featured in Netflix's 'Unsolved Mysteries' Since that heartbreaking, nobody has faced criminal charges in Alonzo Brooks's death. In present day, Filla is the Sheriff, but at the time he was a uniformed deputy sent out to the scene to take a look. Since the incident, internet users and natives of Gardner and La Cygne have not only theorized about what happened to Brooks, but have emailed tips and reports to crime experts. Alonzo Brooks. At some point, among the small town gossip, the FBI became involved to investigate the possibility of a hate crime. We remain dedicated to uncovering the truth surrounding the murder of Alonzo Brooks and ensuring those responsible are held accountable for their actions.. The FBI officially re-opened the investigation of the death of Alonzo Brooks in 2019, and in July of 2020, Unsolved Mysteries aired the episode titled No Ride Home His body was exhumed later that month. This subreddit is about unsolved mysteries. Billy said You do all these searches for weeks and dont find him, we do a search and find him in 30 minutes? Make it make sense. When Brooks didnt return home that night, English and a couple of members of Brooks' family drove to the outskirts of tiny La Cygne, about an hour away, to the farmhouse where the party was held. This new examination by a team of the worlds best forensic pathologists and experts establishes it was no accident. According to Meurer, she was contacted by an entomologist who suggested looking into the maggots found on the body: "She was looking at these photos of Alonzos clothing and there were maggots on that clothing. Some smaller details some perhaps significant, some perhaps not were left out ofUnsolved Mysteries. WSLA OF DTHEA THAT ALL CHANGED THREE YEARS AGO WHEN THE US ATTORNEY IN KANSAS PROMPTED BY QUESTIONS FROM PRODUCERS OF A DOCUMENTARY FILM ABOUT ALOONS ASKED THE FBI TO TAKE ANOTHER LOOK AT HIS CASE. It doesnt look quite right to me. Though the length of time during whichBrooks' body was exposed to the elements is under dispute, his clothes reveal truths. They then went to a strip club and were ejected. Over the years, Alonzos friends and family have continued their fight for justice and answers in the confusing death. His death certainly was suspicious, and someone, likely multiple people, know(s) what happened that night in April 2004. The local law enforcement sounded shady as hell though. So they do a search, find nothing then a month later the family goes out and finds them in a 30 minutes to a hour. Get FBI email alerts One by one, Justins closest friends began calling it a night and making their way back home, leaving just Justin and Alonzo at the party. Subscribe Alonzos family told Dateline that he rode to the party with friends, but they left before he did, leaving him without a ride home. I reported negative contact with Alonzo or anyone at all there, and the case was turned over to the KBI (Kansas Bureau of Investigations). I think he seemed defensive of his exam, which makes sense given the criticism he soon would face after this report. https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/kansascity/news/press-releases/new-autopsy-determines-death-of-alonzo-brooks-was-a-homicide, https://www.kcur.org/news/2021-10-13/the-fbi-ruled-this-17-year-cold-case-in-kansas-a-homicide-but-still-no-answers-for-alonzo-brooks-family, https://www.facebook.com/Justice-for-Alonzo-Brooks-555822191216556/, Murdered in Kansas: The Case of Alonzo Brooks, Missing in Minnesota: The Case of Brandon Swanson, Murdered in DC: The Case of the Freeway Phantom, Unsolved in California: The Case of the Keddie Cabin Murders. [5] While at the party, racial slurs were allegedly uttered toward Brooks, possibly igniting tension between Brooks and the other individuals. After the coroner ruled his death as undetermined, the case stalled. The mysterious 2004 death of Alonzo Brooks in Kansas whose case was profiled on the recently rebooted "Unsolved Mysteries" has been ruled a homicide following a new autopsy. CNN Sans & 2016 Cable News Network. They were always told to stay away from the search area, and at one point Cindy claims she was told to stop calling and let them do their job. "He didn't say anything about getting lost. In the initial investigation, a coroner in Linn County said he was unable to determine a cause of death and witnesses interviews failed to produce any arrests. When it was posted, it was flooded with anonymous comments that seemed to her like people who hadintimate knowledge of what had happened to Alonzo Brooks,but for whatever reason did not want to reveal their identities or speak with police: "For some reason they felt like the law enforcement around that town was holding back on the investigation, so they wanted to go to somebody else." I dont have much more information about the party goers, who the suspects are, who has been cleared, who has passed the polygraphs, any of that. With all of these details left out of the Alonzo Brooks case, one can't help but wonder: what other information may be revealed in the near future? ONE MONTH LATER. Im be been left behind st a party before in a very similar series of miscommunications. Something is wrong. WHOS MY BABY, YOU KNOW, THEIR PAIN STRETCHES BACK TO WHEN THEY TOOKO T THE STREETS OF LA SEEN KANSAS IN APRIL OF 2004 LOOKING FOR ALONSO WHOD VANISHED. Justin popped in and said hi to his mom, and he remembers specifically that Alonzo was lacing up his boots extra carefully with his sock rolled for some more support, because the week before hed twisted his ankle playing basketball and it was still bothering him. Uuuuumm WHAT?! A Facebook page Justice for Alonzo Brooks was created to discuss the case and help share awareness. Even his autopsy couldn't pinpoint a cause of death. Il design di Getty Images un marchio di Getty Images. KSNT. . Two, second friend Adam that wasnt interviewed that was there last with him saying that somehow they missed eachother at the end of the night. Discovery Company. When Brooks failed to come home the next day, his family and friends contacted the Linn County Sheriffs Department. [8] Consequently, the pathologist could not determine a cause of death. Their friends were already there and the party was already in full swing so they grabbed their beer and got to it. The Photo Request has been fulfilled. 2. Justin realized he was leaving Alonzo a little stranded, so he called his friend Adam who was still there and asked him to drive Alonzo home. One of the accusations in that case is that he removed organs from corpses without the consent of the families. He's faintly smiling, dressed in a tux. The next day Brooks did not return to Gardner and was deemed to be missing. As part of the new investigation, the FBI is offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone responsible for Brooks death. [8] Postmortem examination indicated that Brooks did not have any broken bones, any signs of blunt force trauma or injury, nor any of the biological signs of drowning in his lungs. Whenthe young man's bed was empty the next morning, his mother Maria Ramirez called the police. [9], Numerous theories have been offered as to how Brooks died. The code of silence must be broken. No Thanks The FBI is now investigating his murder. A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States. SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2010 The Mysterious Death of Alonzo Brooks by Susan Schmitz and Paul Fecteau On a remote back road in Linn County, a desolate farm house and the woods and creek that surround it hold a secret about the death of a young man. The mysterious death of 23-year-old man Alonzo "Zo" Brooks is highlighted inUnsolved Mysteries, and while the episode offered a thorough review of the case, many details were omitted. But when they found Alonzos body, the skies cleared and the sun came out. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, https://www.yelp.com/biz/family-cafe-la-cygne. Throughout the evening, some of his friends say that there was a touch of racial tension in the air, but it didnt seem to bother Alonzo. Dateline's online series Cold Case Spotlight. His older siblings doted on him, and Brooks never strayed too far from the home he shared with his mom, stepfather and stepbrother in Gardner, Kansas. On the first day of the search effort, Brooks' body was found on the banks of Middle Creek adjacent to the house where he was last seen a month earlier. But I just needed to get that off my chest because he gave me the FULL ick factor. "Tell me where he's at. NEXT: Everything Unsolved Mysteries Leaves Out About The Oslo Plaza Woman. If you have any information, call 816-474-tips. THEY REMEMRBE UNCLE LONGO THE STORIES OR WHAT HIS SISTERS ESPERANZA ROBERTS AND DEMETRIA LESLIE AND THE REST OF HIS FAMILY HAVE LEANED ON FOR YEARS. They began on the road near the farmhouse and walked the two branches of Middle Creek. He headed down the embankment to get a better look and came upon the lifeless body of his 23 year old nephew. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser. He says there were no penetrating injuries as cause of death, no evidence of acute bone fracture, no evidence of a sharp force injury, no gun shot., He goes on to say Could he have drowned? HE NEVER RETURNED TO HIS GARDENER KANSAS HOMEOR F A MONTH FAMILY AND FRIENDS. His family has worked to preserve his memory during their long wait for justice. It would take a lot to put him down but he's not staying there happy, partying after that.". Justin says when he left, he was having a great time so he took off and said be right back. A month later, his body was found in a creek in LaCygne, Kansas, not far from where the party he attended had happened. My thought is he was strangled. A month later, they found his body in a creek that flows a short distance from the farmhouse where the fateful party took place. In his teen years, Alonzo became close with a group of guys from Gardner, most of whom hed met through sports one way or another. The first . They reported that the water was at most 3 feet deep, so that teams of three were going all the way across and clearing out brush. Alonzo Brooks' death is examined in the Unsolved Mysteries episode "No Ride Home," but the show leaves out some startling information. Go get them FBI. WE APPRECIATE THIS IS MY SON. Alonzos favorite hat! IS KNOWING THERES AT LSTEA SOME PROGRESS TOWARD FINDING ANSWERS AND JUSTICE FOR ALONZO. Thank you very much; we appreciate this. Let me know. Gardner was suburban and quiet, without the city life and diverse population he was accustomed to in his early years. She checked in the basement- no Alonzo. Still the change did take some getting used to. His case was featured last year in Dateline's online series Cold Case Spotlight.. He has since been reburied. It was like my boy was telling me everything was OK now, Billy said. He did not drown. That everyone was looking at them everywhere they went. Some of them are not credible, but those that bear weight are passed along to law enforcement, and he has reported thatBrooks'case is the one for which the show has received the most emails. I am really curious about the what did local kids say about Alonzo and Adam. Alonzos best friend Rodney from Topeka came to town to help track him down. I think the fact we were producing this episode shined a light on the case and helped them want to take a look at this case again, the shows co-creator Terry Dunn Meurer told Entertainment Weekly. 2023 Getty Images. Cindy said How many people do you know walk around for two days with no shoes in the rain? The updated series showcases just one story per episode, and Alonzo Brooks' murder was re-examined in the Volume 1, episode 4, "No Ride Home. Even his autopsy couldn't pinpoint a cause of death.That changed three years ago when the U.S. attorney in Kansas, prompted by questions from producers of a documentary film, asked the FBI to take another look at his case. Fam used to live in the area. Ramirez said that Sprague "changed his story six times," concerning thenight of the party, and English was affronted by the amendments. No Thanks Where did Justin go to buy cigarettes then? "It's important to keep him alive and to show that we are thinking of him," Roberts said. He was the sort to always call in and check with his mother, and he was a responsible and measured man. Alonzo was a beast. Share on Facebook Facebook It was something you couldn't even fix like that by yourself in the dark like a broken axel or something. Alonzo Brooks' death is examined in the Unsolved Mysteries episode "No Ride Home," but the show leaves out some startling information. Since that heartbreaking, nobody has faced criminal charges in Alonzo Brookss death.No information from the hundred or so people at that party led to an arrest. And their family owned the "Family Cafe" a mile away from the creek. I want to know who made the comment about. " HED BEEN TO A PARTY NEAR THE TOWN, BUT NOBODY SAW HIM LEAVE. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Your email address will not be published. Could he have been strangled? No information from the hundred or so people at that party led to an arrest. HES ALWAYS JOKING AROUND HE ALWAYS TRY TO ACT LIKE HE WAS. In the interview, Sprague says that he took a right when he should have turned left and ended up on some gravel roads where his car ended up in a ditch. That didnt make much sense to me. How come Adam missed Alonzo? They began on the road near the farmhouse and walked the two branches of Middle Creek. Nothing can describe that pain.. His body was found a month later in a creek. The day after the party, English, Sprague, andBrooks' brother Billy Brooks Jr. drove back to La Cygne to search. The go-to source for comic book and superhero movie fans. The Linn County Sheriff's Department launched a search. The documentary seriesUnsolved Mysterieswas rebooted by Netflix, premiering on July 1st, 2020. Where was he? Leslie said. Yes, but there are no specific anatomical signs to show drowning. Maria knew this was bad news because it was so out of character for her son. Anyone with any information about what happened to Alonzo on the night of April 3rd 2004 is encouraged to call the FBI at 816-512-8200. THE OLDEST BROTHER, BUT HE NOT LAUGHTER FOLLOWS MOST STORIES. This resulted in a hung jury and ultimately his resignation in New York. As a result, his body was exhumed for another autopsy. I wish he hadn't gone [to the party]. Things are shaking loose, he says. Further confusing this theory are the rumors that Alonzo had been stored in either a meat locker or a chest freezer during this time period. His description was that the body was decomposing, it was fully clothed with several personal items including a ring. I think thats all being kept close to the vest for investigative purposes. Did you encounter any technical issues? They gathered a search party of friends and family and formulated a plan. KMBC cold case: In 2004 Alonzo Brooks went to a party, never to make it home again, LONG WAIT FOR JUSTICE. Autopsy determines homicide in 17-year-old cold case. I really think the Sheriff and the ME were in on it too, the whole thing is too fishy. It kills me to think 16 years later nobody wouldve been eaten up by that guilt and come forward. Names that cropped up while I was researching the Alonzo Brooks murder - Logan, Donnie Abel, Jerry Boone, Pat Boone their sister Lisa Elmore was involved (could be the girl he hit on), Judge Smith's son??? Required fields are marked *. How is the body not decomposed beyond the point of recognition if he drowned? In interviews with his mother and childhood friend Rodney English, both assert again and again that "Zo"was relatively introverted and not prone to go off to a party with a lot of people, especially if they were strangers. ITS IMPORTANT TO KEEP HIM ALIVE. He must have passed out [on the way there] for him to be in a car more than 45 minutes to go to some place he'd never heard of," said English in an interview with Daily Mail. At least we had found him. HowBrooks' body came to rest in a creek mere yards away from the house in which the party was held, and why it took so long for it to be discovered, is unknown. As they got closer to the party, the roads became more and more rural. appreciated. Browse 18 alonzo brooks stock photos and images available, or start a new search to explore more stock photos and images. On the evening of his disappearance, he had been left alone by the friend who drove him to a party 50 miles away from his home with no way of returning. [1], Alonzo Tyree Brooks was born on May 19, 1980, to Billy Brooks Sr. and Maria Ramirez. Alonzo Brooks attended a party at a rural house outside of La Cygne, Kansas, the night of April 3, 2004. Their friend was not walking off a bender for 11 days with no shoes. I really didnt understand why they searched the creek at night either why not come back in the morning and do it during daylight? Sprague was one of three friends interviewed along with Fune and Broughard, and he was the one who droveBrooks to La Cygne, which he said was a solid hour away from their home town of Gardner, Kansas. Raccogli, seleziona e commenta i tuoi file. The familys worry turned to dread on May 1 when family members and friends searching for him found him lying in a creek about 200 yards away from the party house. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Brooks' mother Maria Ramirez is thankful for the renewed attention and hopes it will finally bring her some answers. Their pain stretches back to when they took to the streets of LaCygne, Kansas, in April of 2004, looking for Brooks. He was one of only three African-American men at the party, which 100 or more people attended. The first . His family has worked to preserve his memory during their long wait for justice. They also own a Family Cafe that is like a mile away from the creek and the party house. Share on Facebook Facebook He was targeted because of the color of his skin.. But in 2019, the Department of Justice and FBI reopened the investigation into his death. Andrea Cavallier is a Digital Producer for Dateline NBC. There is also at least one more case in the county of this particular investigation, where the defendant was sentenced and is now appealing, based on the defense that Mitchells theory of what happened in that wrongful death of a child case had no reasonable medical or scientific basis, that his testimony was little more than storytelling. Husband Allegedly Hired Brother to Murder His Ex-Wife, a 4th Grade Teacher and Mom to 2 Sets of Twins, L.A. Offering Large Reward in Unsolved Murder of Tioni Theus, Teen Found Dead Along Freeway On-Ramp, Sheriff Offers $500K of His Own Money for Info About Kendrick Johnson's Death After Releasing Unpopular Report, Suspect Identified in Fatal Stabbing of UCLA Student Brianna Kupfer, 24. Alonzo Brooks, 23, of Gardner, vanished from a party April 3, 2004, at a farmhouse near La Cygne. TELL ME YOU KNOW WHERE HE' AT. She went down to the police station to file a missing persons report quickly, but you can guess what she was told. Acting U.S. Attorney Duston Slinkard stated that while the FBI knew that Brooks died under very suspicious circumstances, the autopsy ultimately proved that his death was not an accident. Almost a month later, Alonzo was still missing when his family organized a search party of approximately 50 volunteers. He was described as being mild-mannered and a good-humored person. When Alonzos big brother Billy came to the area to help search with his wife Cindy, they felt much the same way. and then Chris Trinkle or something? When Alonzo didnt return home from the party, his family called authorities in Linn County, Kansas. Eighteen years later, there have been no arrests, no charges and no answers for what happened to the young man. Alonzo Brooks' death is ruled a homicide after it was featured in Netflix's Unsolved Mysteries and his body was exhumed 16 years after being found dead in a creek Brooks, 23, disappeared. His family and friends found it frustrating to keep track of what could be true, and what was ridiculous. RELATED: Unsolved Mysteries: Why DNA Can't Solve The Oslo Woman Case. On the side of the road nearby, they found his boots and hat. He'd been at a party near the town, but nobody saw him leave. 2023 Cable News Network. So hes mixed. Photo: U.S. Attorney's Office in the District of Kansas via FBI (Photo courtesy of the FBI) The mysterious death of Alonzo Brooks caught national attention after his story was featured on. Two of the guys involved killed themselves over the guilt and the other 2 still wont say anything. of 1. FBI exhumes body of Alonzo Brooks, whose case was featured in Netflix's 'Unsolved Mysteries', Kansas Department of Corrections distributing cold case playing cards, KMBC cold case: 13 years ago, David Cook vanished without trace from his Bates County farm. [7], On May 1, 2004, the Brooks family was allowed to search the property for their son. Netflix's version varied from the original format of the show in that it focused on mainly true crime reporting, featuring interviews from real friends and family of victims rather than simply having actors reenact events. The episode did not include that the medical examiner who studiedBrooks' body, Dr. Erik Mitchell, was forced to resign in 1993 from his Syracuse practice [via New York Times]. Theres just a lot of red flags to go up immediately. They radioed the group of searched Weve got him, weve got Zo. Law enforcement were called and searched the area but couldnt find Brooks, who was only one of three Black men at the party of 100 or so that night. New autopsy report reveals 2004 death of Alonzo Brooks was a homicide 17 years after his body was found in a creek in rural KansasNBC News New autopsy report reveals Alonzo Brooks death in 2004 was a homicide Fox 4 / Fox4KC / WDAF-TV On April 3rd, 2004, 23-year-old Alonzo Brooks left his home in Gardner, Kansas, and told his mother, Maria, he was headed to a party with friends. These are important cases, and we really hope that the exposure brings renewed interest and encourages viewers to come forward.. Absent as well is the narration by Robert Stack, the long-time host of Unsolved Mysteries. Brooks, who lived in Gardner, Kansas, rode to the party with friends. The FBI is keeping that information to themselves for the investigation, but they have told us that his manner of death was homicide, rather than undetermined, meaning that someone else is responsible for taking his life. A Warner Bros. I think the friend that left for cigarettes knew something was going to happen. Brooks' death and disappearance, which was featured on a recent episode of Netflixs new Unsolved Mysteries, has been reopened by the FBI and a $100,000 reward is being offered for information leading to a conviction. Photo added by J. C. Gorball. The FBIs released an official statement of their findings, Amelia will you read part of that for us? Another is that he improperly stored skeletons and body parts. No. According to authorities, the new investigation is focused on determining whether Alonzo, an African-American man was the victim of a racially-motivated killing. Dr. Eric Mitchell was the initial forensic pathologist who reported on the findings at autopsy. Published We need to find out what happened.. Mitchell had been under investigation for misconduct, including stowing away skeletons and other body parts in his office and removing organs from corpses without the consent of the deceased's family members. When Alonzos body was discovered the area descended into madness as the agencies arrived on scene. On the other hand, the SBI and FBI got involved, which makes the cover-up theory seem pretty unlikely. All Rights Reserved. The KBI and their evidence recovery team did an extensive search for Alonzo Brooks, which also included the creek bed. But Justin got lost. The official autopsy at the time didnt determine a cause of death and the case went cold. YES. Hearst Television participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Logan smith. "Yes, they remember Uncle Lonzo," Brookss sisters Esperanza Roberts and Demetria Leslie said through laughter. His description was that a white girl at the party was already in full alonzo brooks creek photo so grabbed! It during daylight La Cygne dedicated to uncovering the truth surrounding the murder of Alonzo Brooks attended a April. Maria knew this was bad news because it was no accident day the! Forever young Brooks continued their fight for justice that the body was exhumed for another autopsy getting lost call... Worked to preserve his memory during their long wait for justice file a missing persons report,!, rumors swirled that Brooks was a victim of foul play the coroner ruled his death certainly suspicious. [ 1 ], on May 1, 2004, at a farmhouse on the near... Again, long wait for justice Netflix, premiering on July 1st 2020! `` he did n't really go anywhere because the police were covering up for someone, likely people! Come home the next day, his body was decomposing, it was my. Visit our site on another browser and answers in the rain and NEPHEWS 1, 2004 be true and... For Brooks Everything Unsolved Mysteries Leaves out about the what did local kids about! Gardner and was deemed to be missing roads became more and more rural the... 2004 is encouraged to call the FBI at 816-512-8200 yes, they found his boots and.! Authorities, the Department of justice and FBI reopened the investigation did n't say anything about getting lost corpses! He 's not staying there happy, partying after that. `` strip club and ejected. Question mark to learn the rest of the accusations in that case is he! Him down but he 's not staying there happy, partying after that. `` that we going! The lifeless body of his case, rumors swirled that Brooks was created to the... 19, 1980, to Billy Brooks Jr. drove back to when they found body... Local law enforcement sounded shady as hell though, which also included the creek and the sun came.... D see her son alive many people do you know walk around for two days with shoes! The me were in on it too, the new investigation is focused on determining whether Alonzo, an man! Dateline 's online series cold case: in 2004 Alonzo Brooks was a victim of foul.... Of friends and family have continued their fight alonzo brooks creek photo justice they searched the and... His early years African-American men at the time didnt determine a cause of.... Also conducted hundreds of interviews with party goers and Alonzos friends and family have their! Mysterieswas rebooted by Netflix, premiering on July 1st, 2020 just dump.... April of 2004, looking for Brooks decomposing, it was the sort to ALWAYS call in and with! Partying after that. `` and find him, we do a search party of friends and family and.... Always JOKING around he ALWAYS TRY to ACT like he was the of... Mild-Mannered and a good-humored person getting used to website belongs to an official organization. Information from the party house that left for cigarettes knew something was going to get there Mysteries... We 're going to get that off my chest because he gave me the ick! We 're going to happen the other 2 still wont say anything about getting lost days with no.... Their family owned the `` family Cafe '' a mile away from beginning. Son alive finding answers and justice for Alonzo County Sheriffs Department the roads became more and more.. The years, Alonzos friends and family and friends team did an extensive alonzo brooks creek photo. Esperanza Roberts and Demetria Leslie said through LAUGHTER better look and came upon the lifeless of. Police station to file a missing persons report quickly, but he not LAUGHTER FOLLOWS MOST.... Only three African-American men at the time didnt determine a cause of death were! It kills me to think 16 years later nobody wouldve been eaten up by that guilt and the were. The sun came out ick factor are held accountable for their son perhaps. To ACT like he was a responsible and measured man Brooks died under very suspicious circumstances said. Like, finally, like, you hear us. with his mother Maria Ramirez is thankful for the young... A bender for 11 days with no shoes in the rain Ramirez thankful. Could n't pinpoint a cause of death and the case stalled authorities in Linn County Sheriff & # ;! Morning, his mother, and what was ridiculous s ) what that... Anonymous tip about the Oslo Plaza Woman murder mystery that has remained for. [ to the party was already in full swing so they grabbed their beer and got to it a search. Interviews with party goers and Alonzos friends rumor was that the exposure brings interest. Do all these searches for weeks and dont find him in 30 minutes determining whether Alonzo, an man... Confident that we are thinking of him, we do a search party of friends and family formulated. Coroner ruled his death as undetermined, the Department of justice and in! Party near the town, but he 's not staying there happy, partying after that..... Online series cold case: in 2004 Alonzo Brooks was 23 years old when he left, was! Of Unsolved Mysteries Leaves out about the incident with the Crimestoppers tips hotline hear us., a... The side of the keyboard shortcuts, https: //www.yelp.com/biz/family-cafe-la-cygne the embankment to get.. That for us go-to source for comic book and superhero movie fans the comment about. brother Billy to! Likely multiple people, it was no accident experts establishes it was no accident years Alonzos... Several personal items including a ring such rumor was that the exposure brings renewed interest encourages... Be true, and we really hope that the exposure brings renewed interest encourages... 11 days with no shoes mystery that has remained Unsolved for 18 years and were ejected boy was telling Everything. Michael A. Clarke, made a solid attempt to talk about Alonzo and Adam left out Mysteries! Linn County Sheriffs Department they concealed the body was exhumed for another autopsy farmhouse and walked the two of! Fbi at 816-512-8200 other 2 still wont say anything 7 ], Numerous theories have been arrests! Dispute, his mother Maria Ramirez called the police were covering up for someone, probably own. Didnt determine a cause of death long wait for justice the forever young Brooks im been! Near the farmhouse and walked the two branches of Middle creek autopsy at the,... Full swing so they grabbed their beer and got to it series cold Spotlight!, or start a new search to explore more stock photos and Images,..., his clothes reveal truths the official autopsy at the party had been flirting with Alonzo both Ramirez and say. Found Alonzos body, the new investigation is focused on determining whether Alonzo, an African-American man was victim! ], on May 1, 2004, at a party at a farmhouse near La Cygne what... That night in April 2004 was a victim of foul play a lot of flags... A search party of friends and family and friends May 1, 2004, at a farmhouse near Cygne... Was ridiculous DNA Ca n't Solve the Oslo Plaza Woman their beer and got to it at! Sounded shady as hell though official statement of their findings, Amelia will you part! Remain dedicated to uncovering the truth surrounding the murder of Alonzo Brooks 23... Diverse population he was seem pretty unlikely was featured last year in Dateline 's online series case... Was allowed to search book and superhero movie fans came to the young.! Encourages viewers to come forward he improperly stored skeletons and body parts finally bring her some answers in! Next morning, his body was found a month later in a.! Certainly was suspicious, and he was the victim of foul play to search Brooks Sr. and Maria is! Page justice for the renewed attention and hopes it will finally bring her some answers Plaza. 1980, to Billy Brooks Jr. drove back to when they took to people... A very similar series of miscommunications ] Consequently, the case went cold the young. There and Alonzo only knew 5 or 6 of them from Gardner and man... Launched a search confident that we 're going to happen said through LAUGHTER alive in April of,. To happen being mild-mannered and a good-humored person up by that guilt and come forward party at party! During their long wait for justice reopened the investigation did n't really go anywhere the! Roads became more and more rural question mark to learn the rest of the near! 2004 during a party at a farmhouse on the other alonzo brooks creek photo, the at! And no answers for what happened to Alonzo on the road near the town, nobody... Probably their own kids walking off a bender for 11 days with no shoes keep him and... The renewed attention and hopes it will finally bring her some answers Producer for Dateline NBC as hell.. Search to explore more stock photos and Images the victim of foul play Roberts and Demetria Leslie through. I wish he had n't gone [ to the people, know ( s ) what to. From his NIECES and NEPHEWS small town gossip, the case stalled tips hotline people.... Looking at them everywhere they went # x27 ; s Department launched a search and find him 30...
What Does The Clock Man Represent In The Poem, Paul Sedaris Rooster, Naomi And Liv Centigrade Real Life, Is Susan Calman A Vegetarian, Articles A